Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0/L92/LS3 rock buggy motor...

Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0/L92/LS3 rock buggy motor...

In my last rock buggy I ran a pretty stock 99 Ls1/th350 combo. In my new buggy I was wanting something a little different. Here are the parts I've gotten so far. 05' 6.0/L92 heads/Ls3 intake,rails,injectors etc.. I've got a few question I was hoping either someone could answer or point me to who could answer them.
The cam...I'm not sure which to use, I don't want a really "lopey" idle that requires it to be idling much above 900rpms ,my stall is low, my gears in the axles and t-case are low and I don't want it "pulling" through the brakes, (manual brakes) while trying to do technical rock crawling sections.Don't get hung up thinking I want all sorts of torque(lots of gear reduction involved), this buggy will be raced at high speed high rpm as well so a good mid-range cam is what I'll be looking for. With the swap I would also need to know if upgraded pushrods/valves/springs would be needed.
The l92 heads...anything I need to address with these?
I bought an LS3 intake/ fuel rails/ injectors etc..I need a cable drive 90mm throttle body any recommendations? I'm going to begin assembly very soon and just hope someone can answer these few questions, I'm sure I'll have a few more later. Thanks in advance..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.0/L92/LS3 rock buggy motor...