Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Afr 205's & ms3 cam

Old 03-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Afr 205's & ms3 cam

bout to be buying my Afr 205's tomorrow anybody with this setup wanna chime in & give some advice on if Flycutting was needed & track times if you have them
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

bump!!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

I didn't run that camshaft with my AFRs, but, I'll give you my .02...

If you are installing them un-milled you won't have to fly cut as people run that cam with stock heads, and the AFRs offer more P-V clearance than the stockers do. Do a search regarding the AFRs and valve drop.

With all that said, I would have them milled for a bump in compression and then verify your clearance upon installation, and fly cut if necessary.

As far as track times, that can vary so much depending on many, many factors. It should go bottom 11s or high 10s, and this would be at near full weight. I'm basing this off my personal experiences however, and a lot of cars I see on this site have nice dyno numbers and very sad track results.

Last edited by BriancWS6; 03-15-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
I didn't run that camshaft with my AFRs, but, I'll give you my .02...

If you are installing them un-milled you won't have to fly cut as people run that cam with stock heads, and the AFRs offer more P-V clearance than the stockers do. Do a search regarding the AFRs and valve drop.

With all that said, I would have them milled for a bump in compression and then verify your clearance upon installation, and fly cut if necessary.

As far as track times, that can vary so much depending on many, many factors. It should go bottom 11s or high 10s, and this would be at near full weight. I'm basing this off my personal experiences however, and a lot of cars I see on this site have nice dyno numbers and very sad track results.
Your car moves! And I agree with nice dynos/poor track times, as I am one of them lol. Traction/10 bolt is a bitch.

OP..shouldn't need to flycut with those heads with that cam, but might as well to raise the compression.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Afr 205's & ms3 cam