Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 LQ4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Op if you are still looking for any parts, complete gasket kit, pistons, etc we have the best price on all of it, better than summit and not cheap chinese stuff either.

We have had quite a few 6.0 builds we helped with this year alone. Good strong blocks lots of potential. We have stock parts and all the aftermarket you can imagine, plus a guy at the shop has 2 6.0 trucks he always toys with, so he has the hands on exp to get you what you need.

The P series were made to work with stock crank and rods. The rod bolts you have are ok also. If you do the arp youll also need to have the big end bores honed to true them up.

Good budget build. Look forward to see the rest.
Are these kits still available?
Old 08-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, what trans are you using? I am doing a LQ4 myself ( 370 cu in) but mine was the early long flange crank and was told I had to use a 4L60E back half with a 4L80E front half custom( ie $$) converter .
Old 11-28-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Op if you are still looking for any parts, complete gasket kit, pistons, etc we have the best price on all of it, better than summit and not cheap chinese stuff either.

We have had quite a few 6.0 builds we helped with this year alone. Good strong blocks lots of potential. We have stock parts and all the aftermarket you can imagine, plus a guy at the shop has 2 6.0 trucks he always toys with, so he has the hands on exp to get you what you need.

The P series were made to work with stock crank and rods. The rod bolts you have are ok also. If you do the arp youll also need to have the big end bores honed to true them up.

Good budget build. Look forward to see the rest.
I’m currently in the process of building an LQ4, everything’s been hot tanked and machined. Now I’m currently sourcing out parts. Trying to have the motor fully done by January, if you could help I’m looking for Full gasket set
Piston ring set
Knock sensor X2
Main bearing set
Cam bearing set
Rod bearings
Arp rod bolts
Crank bearing cap bolts
Head studs
Crank pulley bolt
Timing set
Oil pump

Motor has 74,000miles on it
Anything else you would recommend for a rebuild would be awesome!!
Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by cristian
I’m currently in the process of building an LQ4, everything’s been hot tanked and machined. Now I’m currently sourcing out parts. Trying to have the motor fully done by January, if you could help I’m looking for Full gasket set
Piston ring set
Knock sensor X2
Main bearing set
Cam bearing set
Rod bearings
Arp rod bolts
Crank bearing cap bolts
Head studs
Crank pulley bolt
Timing set
Oil pump

Motor has 74,000miles on it
Anything else you would recommend for a rebuild would be awesome!!
It would be far more expedient to call them directly
What happened to this engine to require a rebuild? LS engines commonly see the far side of 300k miles.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by G Atsma
It would be far more expedient to call them directly
What happened to this engine to require a rebuild? LS engines commonly see the far side of 300k miles.
Thanks a lot for the reply! I’ll try to give them a call tomorrow! Well my whole plan with this motor is it’s going into my R32 Skyline shell, tubed front end, all aftermarket suspension, gutted, and caged. Cars going to be used as a drift car and be taken out to events, depending on how things go turbo is a very high possibility in the future. Motor wasn’t really beat on but it’s been sitting for a while and well, it’s going to be abused so I’d rather be safe than sorry.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

You might just pull the heads first and check things out. If there is no ridge in the cylinders (that IS possible!) check the heads out, then throw it back together and SEND IT!
As I said, these engines hold up VERY well. Don't fix what ain't broke.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Did you email us? Because i got 3 emails for 6.0 builds recently lol.
Let me know though. Email is the easiest way to get in touch with me also. Im super sick with cold/sinus stuff also so my voice comes and goes for phone conversations.

Thanks
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com

Quick Reply: 6.0 LQ4 Build