Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 LQ4 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 LQ4 Questions

I just broke down a LQ4 motor for cleaning and swapping parts over from my LS6 motor. About 2 years ago on the LS6 I did a heads cam swap and used the LS2 timing chain set. I haven't pulled the LS out yet for breaking down but I noticed something, but I am not sure.

Does the LS2 timing chain work on the LQ4 motor, from memory I think the links were larger on the LS chain, but its been a while.

The other thing is that I was looking at are head bolts. Does this year LQ use the later 2004 LS style head bolt or the LS1 style?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC
I just broke down a LQ4 motor for cleaning and swapping parts over from my LS6 motor. About 2 years ago on the LS6 I did a heads cam swap and used the LS2 timing chain set. I haven't pulled the LS out yet for breaking down but I noticed something, but I am not sure.

Does the LS2 timing chain work on the LQ4 motor, from memory I think the links were larger on the LS chain, but its been a while.

The other thing is that I was looking at are head bolts. Does this year LQ use the later 2004 LS style head bolt or the LS1 style?

Thanks
I just bought and LS2 timing chain for my LQ9 after some reading and research. I did buy a whole timing set not just the chain, but I heard several other people say they replaced the chain only.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to replace the chain, just want to get stuff on order for when I need it. Anyone know about the head bolts