Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EPS 230/234 Acting HUGE

Old 10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Whatever Comp employee you have verified it with needs to double check their information. What do you think the 'G' in LSG stands for? They are my lobes and are supposed to be proprietary to me. If Comp is selling these lobes out the back door they are violating the terms of the agreement we had...
Dayum, this thread just got good.

To the original poster, it is moot to even consider how much g/sec the cam needs if you're VE/MAF tables are not dialed in. These fueling tables will directly effect how the cam acts. I'm not god's gift to tuning by any means, but I fix tons of "tunes" on a daily basis where a tooner will command 7-8+ g/sec of air to get the car to run, but have not touched the MAF or VE tables. Once those tables were smoothed out, most cams can run just fine with 1-3 g/sec added, and occasionally playing with the cracker/follower depending on the cam size.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As an update: I received an email from one of the higher ups at Comp Cams and the situation was explained/clarified for me. Those lobes are Geoff's and Comp was not supposed to have let anybody else use them, but it apparently was being done and slipped by somehow. I have removed them from our custom grind lobe list already.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EPS 230/234 Acting HUGE