Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I hurt my motor? Help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Did I hurt my motor? Help...

Alright so long chain of event, but when I was doing a heads/cam swap on my car, the correct valve seals were not put on the car. Ended up breaking a rocker and a spring, so I'm pulling all of the springs back off to replace the seals with the correct ones.

Here's my problem: When I put air into the cylinder through the spark plug hole to keep the valves up, I'm hearing a decent amount of air blowing through somewhere, sounds like it's coming up through the intake on cylinder 3. The valve never made contact with the piston, so it shouldn't be bent, but it's got me worried. This is obviously all being done with the motor cold. Is there any way to determine if there's something wrong with the valve without taking the head off? I'm able to pull the valve all the way up in it's guide with no abnormal resistance either.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 10-10-2010, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More than likely the valve is bent
Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scratch that. Stupid mistake on my part combined with me overthinking because I thought I had hurt the motor made me see and hear things that weren't there. Leakdown is where it should be...