Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, 2001 Acura(Honda) Integra Type R has a B18 (B18C5 for you ********) that produces 200 hp at the crank. 100 hp per liter. That would be equivalent to an LS1 producing over 500 from the factory.
Just sayin'.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

This is almost as funny as the guy who poured NOS energy drink into his bikes gas tank.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:52 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAnotherLS2
300whp in a 2500lb EG hatch comparing to or, in my case a bolt on LS2 making 370whp in a 3800lb GTO. What do you think will happen? I am most certainly not a Honda fanboy nor am I being biased againt anything/anyone, Im just speakin truth. I mean look at what car I drive. I have my car for a reason, and I love my car. I dont hate my car, or love Hondas, but gotta give credit where credit is due. Honda has a TWO liter that is capable of keeping up with GM's SIX liter. And 15 lbs for my car would run me around $6000, anyways.
My GTO ran my 16,000 before tax. Go on Autotrader/craigslist and you will see that the K20 civic SI 05-09, I believe IIRC, are running between 11 and 13 thousand in good condition. Spend the difference between the two cars price for boost for the Honda, and what do you have?
I'm not really the type to bench race two theoretical cars, but like I said, those ratios typically don't lead anywhere. 70whp typically isn't enough to make up for a 1300lbs difference, that's a knife in a bazooka fight (no offense, but there are much better platforms than your GTO), but I wouldn't bet the Honda would win for sure. There is a lot more to the outcome of a race than peak power vs. weight.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM

So much ignorance in this thread. Fine I will point out that a 122 CID engine is putting 13's down stock compared to the even larger 364 CID. I don't know how pointing out that the motor is even larger makes it look better.

For the record, American workers manufactured and assembled more of my vehicle than most Ford's, Chevrolet's and Chrysler's (unless it was an Eagle Talon since it was made in the same plant in Normal, Illinois as my car). Heck enough of it was made stateside to carry a "Made in the USA" sticker on it.

When you are done living in the late 1980's and early 1990's and begin to respect technology and cars of all makes, Brent Rau would like to speak with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGMEyIu_hw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWoAx...eature=related

Back to DSMTuners.com, I prefer the GM guys on that site anyhow, they are open minded.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SpawnedX
So much ignorance in this thread. Fine I will point out that a 122 CID engine is putting 13's down stock compared to the even larger 364 CID. I don't know how pointing out that the motor is even larger makes it look better.

For the record, American workers manufactured and assembled more of my vehicle than most Ford's, Chevrolet's and Chrysler's (unless it was an Eagle Talon since it was made in the same plant in Normal, Illinois as my car). Heck enough of it was made stateside to carry a "Made in the USA" sticker on it.

When you are done living in the late 1980's and early 1990's and begin to respect technology and cars of all makes, Brent Rau would like to speak with you:

Back to DSMTuners.com, I prefer the GM guys on that site anyhow, they are open minded.
Who are you referring to as close minded here?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

This is almost as funny as the guy who poured NOS energy drink into his bikes gas tank.
Are you really that ignorant, or just plain stupid?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm not really the type to bench race two theoretical cars, but like I said, those ratios typically don't lead anywhere. 70whp typically isn't enough to make up for a 1300lbs difference, that's a knife in a bazooka fight (no offense, but there are much better platforms than your GTO), but I wouldn't bet the Honda would win for sure. There is a lot more to the outcome of a race than peak power vs. weight.
I never said my car was a good platform. I just said that I love my car. And I never said one would win or the other would lose, I just gave a very basic example.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
KCS

There are also bone stock 364ci LS2's that have run 10's bone stock as well as 4 cylinders that run 14,15, and 16 seconds stock.

The little import engines are cool and all, but they just typically run slower. It's not because they suck, or are 'rice", it's just because they're smaller in displacement. That's just reality.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:21 PM
KCS

I never said my car was a good platform. I just said that I love my car. And I never said one would win or the other would lose, I just gave a very basic example.
I just said it was a bad example.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Fine I will point out that a 122 CID engine is putting 13's down stock compared to the even larger 364 CID.

That doesnt prove your point.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by KCS
There are also bone stock 364ci LS2's that have run 10's bone stock as well as 4 cylinders that run 14,15, and 16 seconds stock.

The little import engines are cool and all, but they just typically run slower. It's not because they suck, or are 'rice", it's just because they're smaller in displacement. That's just reality.
I'm not immune to reality. I fully understand that displacement cannot be replaced. If I didn't think that way there would have been no reason for me to do a 4G64 swap on my car (the 2.4L version of the 2.0L 4G63). I don't expect people to understand all my brand of chocie engine codes. All I know is Camaro's and Firebirds generally come with 305s and 350s, or 5.0 and 5.7. How I am a ricer for not knowing every detail on a car that I don't own or research is beyond me.

I chose my car based on the fact that I like how it looks and I like that for under $10,000.00 total spent I can run a 10 second pass at the track.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM

That doesnt prove your point.
No, but your proving my point that you are ignorant. A stock Evo (which I assume you have heard of) uses the same motor as my car (up until the Evo X), which is 122 CID and runs 13's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DnQUzjb50
Old 10-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KCS
There are also bone stock 364ci LS2's that have run 10's bone stock.
Link to vids or time slips? I call BS on that one unless it swapped in an rx7 or something similiar. 10's are no easy task. What point are you trying to prove?
Old 10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

No, but your proving my point that you are ignorant. A stock Evo (which I assume you have heard of) uses the same motor as my car (up until the Evo X), which is 122 CID and runs 13's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DnQUzjb50
You posted vids to a ****** 6 second talon/eclipse in the same post stating that, wtf? And jackass, I'm not the one bashing imports. Re-read the last 2 pages.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:44 PM

You posted vids to a ****** 6 second talon in the same post stating that, wtf? And jackass, I'm not the one bashing imports. Re-read the last 2 pages.
YOU called me a ricer for calling your LS2 as 350 CID. YOU are bashing ME and using a term that has been reserved for people who throw awful and ugly, and extremely useless body kits and spoilers on, Altezza lights, an AutoZone fart can and an LED lighted shift **** , to describe me. Because YOU got miffed that a general statement showing the uselessness of the whole argument,YOU decied that I was a ricer.

If you aren't bashing imports or DSMs in particular than you should see that my video proves some of us are serious about the sport. That we love our cars just as much as you love yours. If I am down at the local Denny's withmy Eclipse, I don't walk up to the Z28 Camaro and go "stupid American muscle car, such an inefficient way of making power," I actually take the time to talk to them, check out their car and compliment them on a job well done. It doesn't matter if he runs an 11.9 and me a 10.7 or him a 10.1 and me a 12.3. It's about the love of a car.

So yes, I did come to defend the guy who ran a 13 and you minimalized his accomplishment. Simply because he is proud of his car and deserves to be recognized for what he accomplished, as unimpressive to you as it may be.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love this argument, then the 4cyl guy inevitably drags up the best example he can find and says "HA I GOT YOU V8 GUYS YOU SUCK". FWIW GM wanted us to call the LS1 a 350 which it clearly is not. So what if he called it a 350. Maybe he doesn't know the exact size?

Nobody gives a **** that a 122cid ran 13s stock. Just the same way nobody cares if a 346 or 364 or 427 cid engine ran 13s stock. You pick a platform because you like the car, and its right for you. Don't bring up these .01% guys that can afford to throw tens of thousands of dollars at a fiberglass body race car like thats a prime example of 4cyl power, because we all know any car in the 6's it barely a trace of what it was originally.

In the end, no matter if you like a KA24, B18, LS1, 2JZ or whatever, making it go faster or look better is what this hobby is all about, and platform is just personal preference. Stick with what you like and talk **** on the morons (every kind of car has morons).
Old 10-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Teching In

YOU called me a ricer for calling your LS2 as 350 CID. YOU are bashing ME and using a term that has been reserved for people who throw awful and ugly, and extremely useless body kits and spoilers on, Altezza lights, an AutoZone fart can and an LED lighted shift **** , to describe me. Because YOU got miffed that a general statement showing the uselessness of the whole argument,YOU decied that I was a ricer.

If you aren't bashing imports or DSMs in particular than you should see that my video proves some of us are serious about the sport. That we love our cars just as much as you love yours. If I am down at the local Denny's withmy Eclipse, I don't walk up to the Z28 Camaro and go "stupid American muscle car, such an inefficient way of making power," I actually take the time to talk to them, check out their car and compliment them on a job well done. It doesn't matter if he runs an 11.9 and me a 10.7 or him a 10.1 and me a 12.3. It's about the love of a car.

So yes, I did come to defend the guy who ran a 13 and you minimalized his accomplishment. Simply because he is proud of his car and deserves to be recognized for what he accomplished, as unimpressive to you as it may be.
I never called you a ricer dumbass.

Originally Posted by Tolley's94z28
I don't believe i have ever seen a "350" ls motor, forgive me if im wrong, but go back to your dsm **** you rice ***
^^^I think this is who you are talking about.^^^
Old 10-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Fine you didn't call me a ricer, I apologize for accusing you of that, but you did say this:

You mean 364 ci. Go back to DSMTuners.com.
I highly doubt you were not implying that my ideas and thoughts were worthless because I chose a DSM.

This is especially for you Tolley and all your USA pride:

Last edited by SpawnedX; 10-22-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Teching In

I don't walk up to the Z28 Camaro and go "stupid American muscle car, such an inefficient way of making power,"
^^Seriously, I laughed my *** off, it is kinda true though.^^

Ok, I got it. Is there anything else we can argue about? Im bored at work.

Last edited by JustAnotherLS2; 10-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM

^^Seriously, I laughed my *** off, it is kinda true though.^^

Ok, I got it. Is there anything else we can argue about? Im bored at work.
... .... I think I got it.

Ford > Chevrolet. Can't promise I will come up with anything decent to support this point or even seem to believe it, but it can turn into a nuh-uh fest.

Quick Reply: Need help guys!!!