Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's running the Vengeance Racing head/cam package?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Who's running the Vengeance Racing head/cam package?

I know Vengeance Racing is running a deal right now on their TFS 220 heads/cam package and would like to know who's running this and what Vengeance cam you went with and what type of numbers your putting down. Post up graphs if you got them too. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know what cams you are interested in and I will post up some graphs!!! I have about every combination you can think of on file
Old 08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Stock bottom end 346 (for now), LS6 manifold, P&P TB, + your TFS 220's & VRX4. Recommended injector size?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Stock bottom end 346 (for now), LS6 manifold, P&P TB, + your TFS 220's & VRX4. Recommended injector size?
I'd go with FIC 42lb injectors becuase you can always turn them down and you will have plenty of room to grow. If you send me your stock injectors, I can rescale them appropiately.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would expect 440 to 450rwhp with stock like drivability and a nice lope at idle... I will scan a dyno graph this evening and post it up.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kevin@Vengeance
Let me know what cams you are interested in and I will post up some graphs!!! I have about every combination you can think of on file
Have you ever done this setup with a VRX5 cam, but on a 112 or 111 LSA? If so, could you post up some numbers/graph? Also, with this package deal, could you do a custom grind cam and still get the same special pricing?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Have you ever done this setup with a VRX5 cam, but on a 112 or 111 LSA? If so, could you post up some numbers/graph? Also, with this package deal, could you do a custom grind cam and still get the same special pricing?
I'll check for that graph. Yes the package includes any grind you want for the cam. Same price for a custom or off the shelf.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also looking for a good H\C package and didnt see any specials on the site?

I talked to Matt @ TSP but it didnt seem like I was getting much info from him,...I was trying to make a proper decision on what I need and it seemed like he was busy and answered questions with as few words as possible so I wasnt comfortable ordering just yet. Could have been me I guess, maybe I wasnt asking the right questions?

Where on the site do I look for specials on H/C setups? BTW I have a 2001 LS1 motor with a T56 in a swap (Toyota Tacoma).

Edit: I found the package, didnt scroll far enough..Bottom right corner.

Last edited by Speed Freek; 08-02-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Teching In

I have their kit installed on a 2001 Camaro SS, LS1 stock bottom end. I used their VRX 5 cam and added a FAST 92 intake and 92 throttle body. Running Kooks long tubes and smaller crank pulley. The car put 466 hp to the back tires. This kit is very good for the money, just make sure you get someone that knows what their doing to install and tune it. I've had oil burning problem since it was installed. Smokes on the down shift and deceleration after it gets warmed up. First I found they didn't seal the rocker arm bolts going into the intake ports. Fixed that and the car still smokes. Car has been sitting since install April 2010. Great kit, just hired the wrong people to install it. I will be forced to pull the heads and see what's up. Vengeance has been great to work with and I'm sure they will help out if I needed them to.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Feel free to give us a call. Myself and Kevin are in the office everyday 9am till 6pm and will be happy to answer any questions you have to ensure your combo will suit your specific goals.

Originally Posted by Speed Freek
I am also looking for a good H\C package and didnt see any specials on the site?

I talked to Matt @ TSP but it didnt seem like I was getting much info from him,...I was trying to make a proper decision on what I need and it seemed like he was busy and answered questions with as few words as possible so I wasnt comfortable ordering just yet. Could have been me I guess, maybe I wasnt asking the right questions?

Where on the site do I look for specials on H/C setups? BTW I have a 2001 LS1 motor with a T56 in a swap (Toyota Tacoma).

Edit: I found the package, didnt scroll far enough..Bottom right corner.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

As Kevin said above, custom camshafts are included in the package pricing...

While we have not used our VRX5 on a 111 LSA I do have many results with our traditional VRX5 with TFS heads... Expect approximately 460/430 to the tires with a very nasty lope and good drivability.

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Would having the VRX5 cam on a 110 or 111 LSA give it more low end torque as opposed to the 113 LSA? Also, are the lobes used on the VRX5 proprietary lobes (Vengeance's own), or are they COMP lobes that anyone can use.

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
As Kevin said above, custom camshafts are included in the package pricing...

While we have not used our VRX5 on a 111 LSA I do have many results with our traditional VRX5 with TFS heads... Expect approximately 460/430 to the tires with a very nasty lope and good drivability.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

The VRX5 is based off of XER lobes. Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just installed vindicator and as casts on my ls2 camaro...the car is still on the old heads/cam tune so i havent really driven it but so far the cars feels amazing and i would the money was well spent. Ron took care of me and was very very helpful and easy to get a hold of
Old 08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by silverLSWON
just installed vindicator and as casts on my ls2 camaro...the car is still on the old heads/cam tune so i havent really driven it but so far the cars feels amazing and i would the money was well spent. Ron took care of me and was very very helpful and easy to get a hold of
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about Vengeance, plus, their deal on the TFS as cast heads and cam package is a great deal. Kit comes with everything needed, minus the mechanic to install it.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

keep us updated, I am have been trying to get the time and money to get the H/C kit but I will be keeping the Ls6 manifold, due to the extra cost for the fast now. Hopefully the h/c kit with a vrx4 ot 5 will still make great power
Old 06-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Teching In

My car (2002 CETA) is at Vengeance Racing right now for H/C/I etc.. I am sure Ron or Kevin will post some results after they put it on the dyno I am really looking forward to getting the car back from them. hell of a team at VR
Old 06-28-2013, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dude292
My car (2002 CETA) is at Vengeance Racing right now for H/C/I etc.. I am sure Ron or Kevin will post some results after they put it on the dyno I am really looking forward to getting the car back from them. hell of a team at VR
Mike we cant say enough good things about your beautiful CETA!!! I believe you will be extremely happy when you fire her up for the first time in just a few days!!

Thank you again for trusting us with your build! Looking forward to seeing you at track!!!

For anyone interested in our heads/cam packages please feel free to check out www.VengeanceRacing.net or give us a call to discuss your specific combination. Our packages are proven to provide excellent power without sacrificing reliability!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks Ron! And thanks to the whole team at Vengeance Racing! I am very happy with the build, my car is super nasty now compared to its bone stock status when I picked it up back in 2006. After asking Kevin about 10,000 questions before ,during and after the build he was always ready with an answer or treated it like it was his own car and had the techs do it the right way if something needed changing. It sounds awesome with the Vindicator cam, my Dad raced a 1959 Pontiac years ago and I think he was more excited when I first started it up than I was! I cant wait to get to the track and see if I can beat the 13.00/107 mph I was running last year, I think its very possible now lol Anyway, thanks again to the whole Vengeance Racing team and I look forward to seeing you guys in Bowling Green for the LS Fest
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Thanx for the good words Mike!! Glad to bring some excitement to your father for a minute

We will see you in BG sir!!!

Quick Reply: Who's running the Vengeance Racing head/cam package?