Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake manifold gasket....please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question intake manifold gasket....please help!

I have a 99 ls1 camaro and I'm pretty sure the back of the intake manifold is leaking oil but I'm having issues on what I need. I see the felpro gasket set that looks like intake runner rubber seals and I see a felpro litter valley gasket set but it doesn't have a picture so I don't exactly know what it looks like. Like I said it looks like its leaking from the back of the intake so what exactly do I need to buy/replace? And is there anything else that might be leaking while I'm back there, I've already done the rear main cover gasket, rear main seal and oil pan gasket. Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your oil pressure switch or cam sensor leaking? They are behind the intake, and is the only thing with oil. The manifold is dry, so the only oil youll find in it, is from the crappy PCV system.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Not quite..

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Is your oil pressure switch or cam sensor leaking? They are behind the intake, and is the only thing with oil. The manifold is dry, so the only oil youll find in it, is from the crappy PCV system.
The valley cover uses the seal you are talking about, in the Felpro set..
Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not too sure if those sensors are leaking I just took a quick glance and saw oil up there so I assumed it was the intake manifold. So what should I replace then, just the litter valley gasket? Should I do the sensors too just to be safe?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seems common for the oil pressure sensor to leak on these things
Old 04-26-2012, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a "dry" intake so it can't leak
Old 04-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camaro5.7
I have a 99 ls1 camaro and I'm pretty sure the back of the intake manifold is leaking oil but I'm having issues on what I need. I see the felpro gasket set that looks like intake runner rubber seals and I see a felpro litter valley gasket set but it doesn't have a picture so I don't exactly know what it looks like. Like I said it looks like its leaking from the back of the intake so what exactly do I need to buy/replace? And is there anything else that might be leaking while I'm back there, I've already done the rear main cover gasket, rear main seal and oil pan gasket. Thanks

Bro....WHERE exactly do you see oil?

Inside the intake?

Or on the exterior of the intake near the back of the intake?

If you see oil inside the intake, its coming from the PCV system....go get a new PCV valve....$3.00

If its oil on the outside of the intake.....its coming from the OPSU or the Cam sensor.

Intake gaskets only seal "air", they have nothing to do with oil.

***If it turns out to be the Cam sensor......I have a brand new AC Delco one in the box.......$50.00 shipped. Paypal.

Quick Reply: intake manifold gasket....please help!