Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's play "Guess what that is that I found in my oil pan"

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:18 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YOu know what, i have seen stuff like this in oil and trans pans many times. Its frustrating cause you dont know the origin. I bet it has nothing to do with an LS engine at all. May have come from the factory that way. Who knows???????
Strange for sure but doesnt surprise me at all. I remember pulling a trans pan off a Caprice one time and there was a bunch of needle bearings lying in the bottom. First time the pan had ever been off. I would have layed money down that the trans would fail in no time. Well, that was over 15 years ago and the old fart is still driving it with the same original trans. Go figure. If i took pics of the stuff i find in John Deere, Cat and other bigger engines i work on you would probably ****. Funny thing is, they never seem to be the reason for failure. Go figure.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, that was my thought. The clip was located in the 1/8" of sludge in the front of the oil pan. Yes, I had sludge in my pan even though I changed the oil regularly and let it drip 'dry' every time.

Who knows where it came from, it didn't go back. My only concern was that it came off of something I was going to reuse, like valvetrain components and lifters. Once I realized that it wasn't found anywhere on the motor, I was fine with it.

Quick Reply: Let's play "Guess what that is that I found in my oil pan"