Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cams from Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help on the phone yesterday Martin. My cam install and transmission rebuild are starting today, and I hope in the next few weeks to have it on the dyno at Mayhem Motorsports and I'll post up befor after graph as soon as I can.
I ordered the street heat stage 2(233/240 | .61"/.58" LSA 112 +2) for a ls2 to go in my 2002 trans am ls1 M6, along with the flowmaster 3" to 4" merge to redo my Ypipe per Martin's recommendations . I'm pretty excited to get it back on the road and see what kind of numbers it makes!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Would either of the cams on your site under garage sale work well with a 01 lq4? I plan on swapping cams anyways, but I figured I'd try and save some loot if I can.

The only mods on it are an ls1 intake and rails, and longtubes. I don't have a converter yet so I can choose one after a cam. Im running a th350. Its a weekend car.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Talked to Martin on the phone today, very friendly and explained everything to me. Ordered his stage 1 LS2 blower cam. Great customer service!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:52 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sinisterz
Talked to Martin on the phone today, very friendly and explained everything to me. Ordered his stage 1 LS2 blower cam. Great customer service!
I'll back that up any day. Dude has helped me IMMENSELY in the past, be it little install tricks, clutch / master guidance... The list goes on.

Customer service goes a long way now a days, and he's simply a class act to deal with.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'll back that up any day. Dude has helped me IMMENSELY in the past, be it little install tricks, clutch / master guidance... The list goes on.

Customer service goes a long way now a days, and he's simply a class act to deal with.
I really appreciate the kind words from both of you gentlemen. Service is extremely important to myself and Tick Performance.

When I find myself feeling overwhelmed with the amount of questions and inquires we receive on a daily basis, I have to remind myself that a lot of you guys look up to us for information and answers to those questions. That without the people that I had to help me along the way, I wouldn't be able to help you all.

Keeping it in that perspective works best for me and allows me to continue to do my best to help you all achieve your goals.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can only imagine what kind of email and call response you get daily.

Out of curiosity, what's your average email count and call count per day?

Doug
Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by douglee25
I can only imagine what kind of email and call response you get daily.

Out of curiosity, what's your average email count and call count per day?

Doug
On average, 30-50 emails.

15-20 calls.

All incoming, not counting outgoing.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Busy man!
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

I'm just going to ask this for future reference. I just installed a btr stage 2 n/a (227/234 .613/.576 113+2) but the car didn't really pick up any power from the previous cam which I did not know the car had when I bought it (224/220 .581/.581 115). Car traps the same 114 mph as it did before the cam swap. I really wanted to buy one of your sns cams but I was worried about p to v clearances because I did not know the specs on the heads and I got the btr cheap. Now I know that my 243 heads have been ported and milled to 62 cc's. I have an ls6 intake/tb hooker lt's, 36lb red injectors, ls7 lifters with a t56 and 12 bolt with 4.11 gears. Which cam would you recommend as an upgrade? I have to somehow convince the wife to let me do it after I just finished it 2 weeks ago... lol
Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Order just sent for the sns stg2. There is a note attached about the pushrods.
I can't wait to get this thing running!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Martin: I have an 02 WS6 that's a weekend toy. Not a race car, but not a daily driver. Mods in sig. Untouched 241 heads. The intake and TB are stock but I will be going FAST 102 combo and a 100mm MAF or SD tuning if the tuner "Bluecat" recommends it when I he tunes for a cam. I was planning on putting this in since I got it for a good deal on here. Do you offer anything that's better suited to my combo that would offer noticeably better performance and drivability? Or would the gains be so minimal I should just keep it?
Also I'm unsure about valve train selection, and spring life. Regardless of which way you recommend. I will use good pushrods, lifters, upgrade my trunnion bearings, and timing set, and good springs and retainers. I just don't want to have to constantly replace springs.
Attached Thumbnails New cams from Tick Performance-img_2321_2.jpg  

Last edited by drain89; 10-25-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Default Tick Performance SNS Torque Max 3 C5 Z06 results.

Jus wanted to post up my results from my SNS 3 install. Stock LS6, American Racing Catted X Pipe. Tuned by Charles Hill @ Lsxperts. Extremely happy. Thanks Martin for all your help. And thanks Charles Hill for an awesome tune. Lsxperts FTW!

Tick SNS 3 & Headers. C5 Z06
Old 11-21-2014, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cannot wait to get my Polluter cam in this December!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Fenderbends
Jus wanted to post up my results from my SNS 3 install. Stock LS6, American Racing Catted X Pipe. Tuned by Charles Hill @ Lsxperts. Extremely happy. Thanks Martin for all your help. And thanks Charles Hill for an awesome tune. Lsxperts FTW!

Tick SNS 3 & Headers. C5 Z06
Results look right on par, not bad!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Or new cams dubbed the Saturday Night Special Torque Max series have been released! Stay tuned for the LS3 and the LS7 cams to be released very soon after the new year!

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...r-ls2-engines/

These will work with any cathedral port headed engine, from 325-370 cubic inches.
Send you an email buddy
Old 11-26-2014, 10:06 PM
8 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Martins customer service.

Just want to thank you Martin for giving me all your input on my 69 Camaro turbo 5.3 setup. I was blown away by the amount of time you spent on the phone with me explaining to me how everything works with cams and choice of turbos and how it all comes together. I ordered the stage 2 4.8/5.3l turbo cam and can't wait to do my build. I had plans on calling a few companies that make/sell cams and get all there input or suggestions but there was no need for that after I spoke with Martin. Second to none in customer service and knowledge. Thanks Martin. Travis.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Finally got done taking the stock Z06 to the below. Would have liked to taken the car to Tick for a tune, but the guys at PCM did a great job. Really drives nice and this friggin cam is doing some work. Was a fun project.

447 rwhp / 406 rwtq.

Mods: Tick Performance SNS Torquemax Stage 3 cam, Brian Tooley .660" lift springs and titanium retainers, SLP 25% under drive crank pulley, Airaid cold air intake, Fast 36lb injectors, Kooks 1 7'8" Long tube headers, 3" X pipe no cats connected to the stock titanium mufflers.

Sounds like heaven. Thanks for the recommendation Martin!

Old 12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gsxrred1000
Just want to thank you Martin for giving me all your input on my 69 Camaro turbo 5.3 setup. I was blown away by the amount of time you spent on the phone with me explaining to me how everything works with cams and choice of turbos and how it all comes together. I ordered the stage 2 4.8/5.3l turbo cam and can't wait to do my build. I had plans on calling a few companies that make/sell cams and get all there input or suggestions but there was no need for that after I spoke with Martin. Second to none in customer service and knowledge. Thanks Martin. Travis.
Travis,

Thank you for the extremely kind words. It is posts like these that make the long days and nights here at the shop away from home worth it.

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by TimMcC
Finally got done taking the stock Z06 to the below. Would have liked to taken the car to Tick for a tune, but the guys at PCM did a great job. Really drives nice and this friggin cam is doing some work. Was a fun project.

447 rwhp / 406 rwtq.

Mods: Tick Performance SNS Torquemax Stage 3 cam, Brian Tooley .660" lift springs and titanium retainers, SLP 25% under drive crank pulley, Airaid cold air intake, Fast 36lb injectors, Kooks 1 7'8" Long tube headers, 3" X pipe no cats connected to the stock titanium mufflers.

Sounds like heaven. Thanks for the recommendation Martin!

Exceptional results I must say! Do you mind if I put this example on the web site?
Old 12-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Exceptional results I must say! Do you mind if I put this example on the web site?
By all means, that would be cool. Really happy with the cam and the results.

Thanks again, Martin.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, i'm gonna jump on the "ask Martin's advice" bandwagon.

Martin, this summer i picked up a 99 Camaro SS, and i'm looking to pick up a camshaft this winter, possibly end of next summer, depending on taxtime funds, but anyways, i am looking for something with a lopey idle that will be noticed, that is isn't a max-effort top end power band camshaft. It is a summertime only toy that isn't a daily driver, but won't see the track. I want to make goof power, but not have to wring it out to 7000 al the time. I had been considering being lazy and going the GMPP ASA cam for it's idle and being gentle on the valvetrain, but wanted to explore other options.

It currently has/will have

LS6 intake, SLP flopac cold air setup, not just the top piece under the airbox, Pacesetter ceramic longtubes, offroad y-pipe, GMMG catback. Suspension and other goodies that don't affect HP, factory 3.42 gears are staying for awhile, as i am putting a Monster stage 2 setup in it this winter, and will be ordering the package from you guys that includes all the hydraulics with your master and remote bleeder.

I am thinking about either the Polluter v2, or the sns torquemax stage 3, but am i biting off too much cam for my wants? Which , if either would be good for stoplight to stoplight street fun with an idle that will turn heads wherever i go, but doesn't buck like a rabid bull and be miserable to drive cruising with the T-tops out?

Thanks for your knowledge and time good sir...

Jason from Detroit

Quick Reply: New cams from Tick Performance