Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cams from Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be done in a month or so...all parts are ordered except the cam and then install/tune. But yea definately PM me before! Gonna try and get my dads pewter TA in there as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
Thanks for the honesty. I might just wait till I build sonething else. Might go back and have Geoff tweak the idle table. He set it up to sound pretty smooth at idle. Now I wish it hit a lil harder.
Not a problem. There is a lot of snake oil in this industry, I'm not one of its salesman. Besides I think I would look like an idiot when I tell you that my cam is going to make 20-30 more rwhp than your current cam when in reality it makes 5-10rwhp more.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Martin, its amazing that you have time to reply to so many people, your customer service really speaks volumes about you, Thanks.

I have a weird and uncommon question, my car only sees about 500 miles/year and just likes to cruise. I am getting ready (1 month or so) to put a big order in through you guys and I just wanted to know what cam you would suggest. I don't race it, track it, or beat it up but I love to be loud as hell. Which of your lineup of cams would benefit my ozone polluting craving to be obnoxiously loud?

Again, I very much enjoy and appreciate the help you provide the members of this forum.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ARaver
Martin, its amazing that you have time to reply to so many people, your customer service really speaks volumes about you, Thanks.

I have a weird and uncommon question, my car only sees about 500 miles/year and just likes to cruise. I am getting ready (1 month or so) to put a big order in through you guys and I just wanted to know what cam you would suggest. I don't race it, track it, or beat it up but I love to be loud as hell. Which of your lineup of cams would benefit my ozone polluting craving to be obnoxiously loud?

Again, I very much enjoy and appreciate the help you provide the members of this forum.
**** Yea!! +1

I'm sure he's got a cam for you. I should post a idle/rev vid of my car. If you like loud, you should enjoy this..
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Post it up man. Loud=Winning!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Resident

Martin you seem like you take good care of your customers. I plan on buying the milder version of the SNS stg 2 for my 6.0 with 317 heads. What compression ratio do you recommend? I can't wait to get that thing it sounds sick and just the curve I'm looking for!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ARaver

It's just part of my job. I am in the shop a lot of the day helping with tuning, helping with odd jobs and turning the occasional wrench. Specifying cams and helping customers and future/potential customers with their set-ups is what I love to do and spend doing the majority of my day though. I'm always designing some new cam for the Elite Series line-up or a custom spec for a more unique combination. I normally work 50 hours a week and stay at least 1-2 hours after we close each day to make sure all my customers questions are answered that day. I'm glad that you can appreciate the amount of effort I put into making Tick Performance the best shop there is, period.

Since you don't track it or race it a lot, but it sees such little mileage I think that my Stage 3 SNS cam would be perfect for you. It doesn't need to be revved quite as high as the V.2 Polluter does and makes very similar power numbers. It definitely has the idle quality you're after and will make stupid torque and horsepower. I know that cam will meet all your goals/requirements and give you what you want.

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
Martin you seem like you take good care of your customers. I plan on buying the milder version of the SNS stg 2 for my 6.0 with 317 heads. What compression ratio do you recommend? I can't wait to get that thing it sounds sick and just the curve I'm looking for!
With the Stage 2 SNS cam I like to see no more than 11.0-11.2:1 compression as the 107 ICL and 277*@.006" really creates a lot of dynamic compression without having to have a ton of static compression to achieve that dynamic compresion. This is one of the reasons the cam makes so much torque over such a broad rpm range. It has a lot of compression, and compression makes the world go round.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
Hell yeah he does, I just got my SNS Stage 3 cam today, so I should install it within a week or two, never seen a package so well protected from any other vendors and faster shipping than that, Thanks a lot Martin!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Ronny_02_WS6
Hell yeah he does, I just got my SNS Stage 3 cam today, so I should install it within a week or two, never seen a package so well protected from any other vendors and faster shipping than that, Thanks a lot Martin!!!
Hey I don't do the shipping, that's what our "High Octane Shipping Department" is for! No problem man!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Hey I don't do the shipping, that's what our "High Octane Shipping Department" is for! No problem man!
Well, that "High Octane Shipping Department" is Awesome!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Anyone thinking about dealing with Tick Performance do not hesitate Martin provides the best customer service in the game!!!
I second that!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:51 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks guys, really is humbling to hear you all say that so often.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Yes, Martin has definitely given me the best customer service I have ever experienced!! Just received my SNS Stage 2 today. I can't wait to receive my heads on Monday, and hopefully start the tear down soon after that!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by torkls1
Yes, Martin has definitely given me the best customer service I have ever experienced!! Just received my SNS Stage 2 today. I can't wait to receive my heads on Monday, and hopefully start the tear down soon after that!
What heads did you go with?
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Stage 2.5 5.3 CNC ported heads. Got them through Tick Performance... and I'll be going with Cometic .045 head gaskets. And obviously going with all other supporting mods for head/cam swap. Should have great static and dynamic compression.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

FEAR LS

What valve springs did you go with on your heads?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97camaro383
FEAR LS

What valve springs did you go with on your heads?
PAC dual .650” springs and Titanium retainers.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on all the positive comments, Martin!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've mentioned this before elsewhere but Martin is killing the game when it comes to customer service. He sent a reply to one of my emails at 12:30 am on a Friday / Saturday night once (can't remember which it was lol ).
Old 02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Martin any SNS torque max stage 1 videos yet?

Quick Reply: New cams from Tick Performance