Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing a previously pinned Balancer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing a previously pinned Balancer

Well guys the balancer on the LS6 needs replaced.

I have purchased a new SFI powerbond balancer and have the pin kit from the previous pinning of the crank (MP112 installed) so the holes will line right up.

Also bought the ARP crank bolt.

Just curious if any of you guys have had to replace the balancer after it was already double pinned?

I think I will be able to just pull the old balancer off and the pins should come with it. Then clean everything and pull the new balancer on and then just line the tool up to the existing half holes in the crank and redrill the new balancer to put the pins in the same spots as they were. I am not really wanting to drill new pin holes!

Just wanted to see how much luck others have had.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I assume you mean the holes drilled in the end of the crank. Personally, since the Powerbond is keyed, I would pick up an ATI pin kit and use that to pin the damper. However, I do know of one guy who managed to re-align his but he was re-installing the same drilled hub.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I ended up installing the balancer and making my own half moon half key setup in one of the existing holes on the crank and drilled one additional pin so now it will be removable. I can now remove the balancer and reinstall it without having the drill it again. The pin will orient the balancer to the correct location each time using the keyway. All in all it went smooth and the vibes are GONE it is so much smoother now!

Quick Reply: Replacing a previously pinned Balancer