Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had an injector come loose, now motor does not run right...HELP please

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default had an injector come loose, now motor does not run right...HELP please

i put aftermarket fuel rails on and on first drive the first injector on the driver side popped out of the rail. It started ticking (assuming it was the injector) and was pissing fuel everywhere. the car backfired a bit and i shut it down. (i didnt know what the hell was going on at first until i opened the hood) so after taking the rails back off and making sure the injectors were all in tight i went to start the car and it sounds like it has a bad miss. all the rockers are tight, plugs are fine. I wonder if it went super lean when it first started leaking and maybe bent a valve?? idk what is wrong with it, thinking of doing a compression test tomorrow. other possability could be bad fuel, i put gas in it and drove it for 5 minutes before this happen. any ideas?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was the plug wet? Did this happen today? I would pull all the plugs out, spin it over by hand and make sure its operating fine. Ensure plugs are dry and in good condition. If it is missing, did it throw a code? I doubt bad gas.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM
12 Second Club

a friend of mine who owns a performance shop up here looked at it because i was completely sick of it. He said the plugs look fine, and the motor turns over fine. theres no check engine light yet, were going to figure it out tomorrow after work.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

well...did a compression test and #3 has 0...motor is sealed up tight, no air was passing through anywhere. turns out when i took the rockers off, one of the trunions turned upside down and i put it on wrong causing the valve to hang open slightley and the rocker wouldnt move. all is good, im just an idiot

Quick Reply: had an injector come loose, now motor does not run right...HELP please