Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 I think I messed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 I think I messed up

Hello everybody I've been viewing this forum for a couple of months now and finally made an account, but aside from that I have a 99 z28 that I was doing a ls6 Valley and intake to...once I had finished I had a bit of low oil pressure seemed normal it was the same as wheat I bought it a few weeks ago... idle around 30 and went up with rev. Well took it out for a spin then a Tiking sound same oil pressure then later at home it turned off by itself did cranked but did not turned on...let it sit a few hours the it turned on moved it too garage and left it there...well I'm pretty sure I spun a bearing now but. 1 when a was doing te conversion I covered the valley well when I was cutting the piece to change the covers but there was still some dust very little and it was dust of the left over still wiped it downed now I'm wondering if that's what caused it to die maybe? Regardless I will do a rebuild and wanted to know what to look for if it was the dust. 2 got a too good deal on this car 103k miles maybe it was beat already I had changed knock sensor since it was bad also.

Thank you,
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some "just been sitting" dust will not kill an engine. It just may be a coincidence that you killed it after the swap. You may have lost a lifter...When you tear it down, you can cut the filter open look for metal or chunks, inspect the bearings for scarring, scuffs, or imbedded material.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Some "just been sitting" dust will not kill an engine. It just may be a coincidence that you killed it after the swap. You may have lost a lifter...When you tear it down, you can cut the filter open look for metal or chunks, inspect the bearings for scarring, scuffs, or imbedded material.
Cool, my friend had checked the car with hp tuners back then when knock sensor was bad the car had been lightly tuned plus the car was bone stock with a flowmaster so idk were the previous owner was trying to go with that...then I added headers intake and tune by a tuner...but I'll look in the bearings for any material I hope there is non since I'm just going to forge it a bit and add some arp bolts. Thank you

Quick Reply: Ls1 I think I messed up