Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im at Head crossroads here guys.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im at Head crossroads here guys.

So im building a stroker.... Currently ive got a complete lq4 intake to oil pan a 408 rotating assy bnib from tx spd a set of pAtriot 2029s and an ms4. Originally this was all gonna go in my ws6 but long story short i made out like A bandit trading it for A tbss the flipping that on a g8 for my wife to dd. now its been two yeArs since i collected all these parts and ive decided to build the motor And swap it into something. But i was limiting my build based on the ws6 and driveability. Its still gonna be a street motor but im lookin for numbers now. Im looking At going with a nastier cam but dont think the patriots are right to support it. Ive got options on my plate here a buddy has darts he says hell do a deal on, another buddy says port the patriots and yet another buddy says hes got ls3s lined up. I need some input none of the heads have rockers so ive got to pony up whether i go ls3 or not. With the patriots ill have 10.9:1 cr id like to stay as high as possible and run 91. Opinions?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Perhaps you should start by reading,studying more about LS motors and their capabilities.
Patriot are budget at best.
You should look at DCR for octane matching not SCR.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^this.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Perhaps you should start by reading,studying more about LS motors and their capabilities.
Patriot are budget at best.
You should look at DCR for octane matching not SCR.
I'll never disagree with Predator simply because dude knows his stuff. I will say though that IMO Patriot heads are ok and I believe they are a great budget head. I have their stage 3's milled to 59 and have been more than happy since day one. I will say their is probably better options out there, especially for a 408, but unless money is no option I would say give it a try. You can always swap them down the road.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My build is in sig with Patriot Predator heads,may be budget heads but look what they did and I'm not using a FAST intake yet !!

Quick Reply: Im at Head crossroads here guys.