Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest place for adjustable rockers and any other hardware needed for them??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cheapest place for adjustable rockers and any other hardware needed for them??

Just like the subject says:

Cheapest place for adjustable rockers and any hardware that has to go with them. I have absolute speed heads on the way with 977 springs and CompR lifters. The shop that I want to get the work done at wants adjustable rockers for that setup ....

thanks,
Crowley
Old 04-28-2004, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the comp pro mags will be your best bet..sent you a PM
Old 04-28-2004, 05:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful where you purchase? I ordered my Pro Magnums from Racenet.com, because they were cheaper. Sixty days later I still did not have them. I canceled the order and ordered from Summit. had them two days later. Sometimes you have to pay a little more to play a sooner!

I got my refund back from racenet another 30 days later!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

What ratio are you looking for? We have 1.72 and 1.82 ratios. These kits come with the rocker arms, studs, guideplates, polylocks, jam locks, and pushrods. Give us a call and we will take care of you.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

The new Patriot shaft mount rockers are now ready to roll, we are looking for a few test cars.

Jason
(806) 866-0734
Old 04-28-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do the comp pro mags fit under stock valve covers? How about the new patriots? Are the patriots adjustable?
Old 04-28-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Brian, are these fully adjustable?

thanks!
Chris
Old 04-28-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOSS99
Do the comp pro mags fit under stock valve covers? How about the new patriots? Are the patriots adjustable?
Yes, the Comp Pro Mag Roller Rockers do fit under the stock valve covers. They fit great! They are tapered on the back end to clear the covers.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing you need to ask yourself is "DO I HAVE A SOLID ROLLER MOTOR?" If not, there is no real reason for an adjustable rocker arm. You will find they are more headache than they are worth on a hyd. motor.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
The first thing you need to ask yourself is "DO I HAVE A SOLID ROLLER MOTOR?" If not, there is no real reason for an adjustable rocker arm. You will find they are more headache than they are worth on a hyd. motor.

Depends on what you consider a headache! I guess I like headaches, because I can set them properly when building an engine and never have to worry about them again!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:02 AM
SSU Moderator

Just because you have a hyd. cam does not mean that you do not need adj. rockers. Comp recommends them with the CompR's to set proper preload.

Make sure to get a good timing chain (double). It may be prone to strech with those stiff springs and a large/fast cam.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Due to the sensativity of the valvetrain to harmonics on these engines, I would not go with steel rockers. . .the just amplify the harmonics, especially at higher rpm. Even though aluminum will have some deflection, it atleast absorbs some of the harmonics.

Chris
Old 04-29-2004, 09:00 AM
SSU Moderator

? Aren't the stock ones steel and the Comp's aluminum?
Old 04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
As much as i agree with this statement, i have to say that the ls1's are more sensitive to lifter lash than people think. The will work without the correct lash set on the lifters, but there IS power to be gained from correctly adjusting the valvetrain. Albeit not much but if your looking for every spec of hp....it is the proper way to go. And with the technology advancements with adjustable hardware, maintanence isn't as bad as an old solid lift motor used to be.

Rich
Old 04-29-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Coming from a rocker arm background mfg. I can tell you that steel rockers amplify valvetrain harmonics at upper rpm. . .especially in instances where valvefloat occurs. Now the OEMs have number crunchers, so bottom line plays a fact. Steel rockers either cast or stamped are just fine for the car seeing 6000 rpm ever so often, but for most on this board, I think you right foot is a little heavier then the "average" General Motors Consumer. Second, most of you are modifing the engines to make more power, now you have exceeded GM's finite analysis testing of the items in the engine. So, I would recommend running aluminum rockers, don't care whose, for the fact they will absorb harmonics.

Chris
Old 04-29-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanJ
? Aren't the stock ones steel and the Comp's aluminum?

The comp cams Pro Magnum Rockers are steel! Some talking about harmonics and deflection. That is why all your endurance engines are built with steel roller rockers. Not allumunm. Rocker arms especially ones for high rpm engines are under a great deal of stress. Aluminum will not stand up long under those conditions. But on a street engine or even drag engines they work fine, because they don't have to sustain high rpms continually!
Old 04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cstraub
Coming from a rocker arm background mfg. I can tell you that steel rockers amplify valvetrain harmonics at upper rpm. . .especially in instances where valvefloat occurs. Now the OEMs have number crunchers, so bottom line plays a fact. Steel rockers either cast or stamped are just fine for the car seeing 6000 rpm ever so often, but for most on this board, I think you right foot is a little heavier then the "average" General Motors Consumer. Second, most of you are modifing the engines to make more power, now you have exceeded GM's finite analysis testing of the items in the engine. So, I would recommend running aluminum rockers, don't care whose, for the fact they will absorb harmonics.

Chris
Comp cams rockers are Stainless Steel