Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building Lq4 head choices & questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
DXN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building Lq4 head choices & questions

This may get a little long. I'm rebuilding my 02 lq4 and I want more low end power for offroading and towing and all around fun. I probably won't be towing more than 4000 lbs of 4wheelers and gear but it will be up mountains.

I'm thinking ~10.2 compression with heads, cam, headers, intake, dyno tune. Maybe having my 317's milled & ported and going with lq9 flat top pistons. I really like the idea of using my stock truck intake and throttle body.

It it better to get the compression up by using a smaller combustion, or going with flattop pistons?

Is there any advantage to going with 243's and my domed pistons over ported 317's and flat tops? Form what I read 317 flow good they just have to big a combustion chamber for NA

I think I'll stay away from the l92's because they don't make a hole lot of difference below 4 grand, and I don't want to bother with a different intake, throttle body, wiring.

And about the headers. the stock manifolds look like they flow pretty good will they support 480 to 500 HP

Quick Reply: Building Lq4 head choices & questions