Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle and low rpm misfire

Old 08-26-2013, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle and low rpm misfire

I've had this misfire for a while but it has recently gotten worse. So far i havent found a specific cylinder causing the issue. The car is tuned by me and currently in OLSD.

Tests i have done so far are compression and leakdown. Compression was 153-155 in all cylinders so that looked great. Leakdown test was performed after car cooled down so i could get in there and all cylinders except 1 and 7 where at 22% while 1 & 7 where at 11%. I did not move the pistons to TDC since i had all the rockers off though.

Even though it is in OL when scanning both narrow bands show slightly rich or switch just a tad when commanding stoich. Only clue is when the misfire occurs bank 2 spikes lean for a split second so i know its at least on that bank.

No bent pushrods, broken springs, broken rockers or anything else. I have also replaced plugs and wires as well.

Need to find a fitting so i can put a fuel pressure gauge on it being it is plugged on my victor jr.

Any other ideas or anything i have seemed to miss? I will post a log later after work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: idle and low rpm misfire