Sponsored by:

Hurt the ole LS1. Parts list help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurt the ole LS1. Parts list help

OK. So I found out what was causing the dreaded P0300. #7 piston is chipped and scored the cylinder wall. Lots of blow by from it. So I'm pulling the motor and going to freshen it up.

Anyone know of General costs for honing cylinders or boring cylinders and cleaning the block and heads?

Any sense in boring all of them to 3.905?

Will probably just home port the 241 heads unless I find a deal on a set of 243's. Either way, I'll get new valve seals and have them cleaned.
This is what I'm thinking I need parts wise:

Push rods, Head gaskets, MLS header gaskets, new head bolts, crank bearings, rod bearings, ARP rod bolts, pistons, rings, Intake gaskets, front cover gaskets, rear main seal, pan gasket, LS2 oil pump, timing gears and chain. Might look for a LS6 cam too while it's out.

Does anyone make a complete kit like this ^^ ? It's an '02 LS1, LS6 block and intake.

Am I missing anything parts wise.

I was told I could just clean and re-ring the other pistons and have #7 honed and the piston and rings replaced. I know that would be more economical if it's actually doable? 120,000 on the motor.

A pretty good top end kit I found.
http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...FY3m7AodewEAvA
Attached Thumbnails Hurt the ole LS1. Parts list help-piston.jpg  

Last edited by MFJ; 03-12-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Only thing I have to add is make sure you check your crank end play when you put it back together.

Quick Reply: Hurt the ole LS1. Parts list help