Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Quest to go as Fast as possible, E85, cam only nitrous T56 Record? 99CamaroSS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Quest to go as Fast as possible, E85, cam only nitrous T56 Record? 99CamaroSS

Well I recently traded Into a 1999 Camaro SS, Was told a bunch of bs about it...etc etc, Either way doesnt matter as i only have roughly 750 invested into acquiring the Camaro, So im not overly worried about it.

About a week or so ago, strolling through LS1tech searching for the best catch can routing for a victor jr intake setup...I stumbled across a picture of my motor, from the previous owner, who built the car, and whom lived in florida!(i live in illinois, and purchased the car from Minnesota)

Anywho, It seems the previous owner was going after the stock internal record with the car...Im going to somewhat continue that on, And go after the Cam only LS1 t56 nitrous Fbody record...If one even exists?! Either way, I'm going to pour the ******* coal to this thing, and whatever happens...happens!

Here's a few details on the setup, and the things changing...Car currently makes 385rwhp/370rwtq on E85, Im sure some of you will recognize the car!

100% STOCK internal LS1, the only mods to the engine are melling oilpump, and LS2 timing chain...everything else is stock that touches oil.

Engine Mods:

Edlebrock Vic Junior intake with 2 stages, integrated spray bar and 4solenoid direct port from Brandon at nitrous outlet
Nitrous express plate(likely wont be used)
Nitrous Outlet dedicated Fuel cell(setup for low pressure)
Meziere electric water pump
FAST 4150 TB
Edelbrock fuel rails with braided teflon fuel lines custom made by Nitrous Outlet.
TSP 1 7/8 stainless longtubes
TSP true dual exhaust with dynomax bullets dumped
Powerbond UDP
Mike Norris oil catch can
CSR coolant catch can
Deka 60lb injectors
Racetronix 340lph w/ hotwire kit
Relocated coil packs to frame rail
GMPP valve covers
Custom spec'd cam from Martin @ Tick performance
Brian tooley springs

Trans:
Fresh from liberty, faceplated with viper shaft/cryo'd gears
Fresh Spec twin disc
Tick adjustable master
New GM Slave Cyl
Pro 5.0 w/ Lous Short Stick

Suspension:
Spohn Tubular chromoly kmember + a arms
Strange 12 way adjustable coilovers
BMR LCA relocation brackets
UMI solid LCA's
Spohn panhard bar
Competition eng 3 way adjustable drag shocks (rear)
Spohn solid motor mounts
Energy trans mount
Energy torque arm mount

Rear:
8.8 (from member here on tech) Will be getting likely 3.73s, i wanted something in the 3.90 range...but its either 3.73, or 4.10s...INPUT?!

Interior:
Custom 6 point roll bar. One of the tightest fitting cages I have ever seen.
Speed Inc Carpet
Jazz Racing seats (custom mounted, driver seat is adjustable with NHRA approved slider)

Exterior:
Repainted last month factory color (artic white) FLAWLESS
Sunoco VFN style bolt on hood

Currently undecided on what wheels/tires to go with, leaning towards Weld RTS's with the black anodized centers, and some MH 28x10.5s with front runners.

Car has SUBSTANTIAL lightening, the previous owner(member on here armyboyatc) who built the car said he was following another members build, i forgot the name...but anways as of right now, the car weighs 3190 with functioning AC,heat,power steering, and power windows/locks and stock kmember/arms...

Ive yet to decide if im going to yank the A/C or not, its nice that its there, and it all works!

Car is tuned on E85/Speed density and will likely remain on e85 to cruise around on, makes 385/370, Probably going to just keep 116 in the nitrous fuel cell, as i have 20 gallons of it. It made the 385rwhp with stainless 1 3/4 headers, and without the meziere pump, So im not sure what the cars going to gain going to the 1 7/8ths headers, and the meziere pump

Anywho, enough talking...heres a few pics...It's getting late in the season here, but i hope to be able to get some shake down runs going soon!

I have to install the cam package from Martin, reinstall the Intake from nitrous outlet whenever i get it back, install the meziere water pump and toss the kmember/control arms in the front of the car, Not much left to do at all.

Little Rev video i took today out of boredom, testing out the 4K video on my S5 phone.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking setup! I am interested in the coil relocation..Can you elaborate on the where and how's of it? I was looking at doing them under the cowl, but frame may be easier, just don't know about driver side and harnesses??

Quick Reply: My Quest to go as Fast as possible, E85, cam only nitrous T56 Record? 99CamaroSS