Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

build - heads, cam , new short block, procharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default build - heads, cam , new short block, procharger

tired of bs'in and have put away about 14k ... either way, still need to be smog legal (cali), at least where i can make a few minor adjustments to pass smog every 2 years. looking at either of the 2 or 3 carb approved heads, a smog-passable cam, all proper internals/built for boost, longtubes with true duals (will be swapped out come smog time), fast 92 carb approved, 92mm tb (will swap out at smog time) & all proper sized intake components to not restrict any flow up until the tb/mani opening, procharger, & obviously proper dyno tune (tuned back to stock for smog of course). yes, built tranny & beefed up rear end until it breaks then new rear will be installed. - 3600 yank, & drag radials when i go to the track.
... what numbers should i expect ? i'm not even asking for super high ... 550 at the wheels i'd be extremely happy. and could i trust all of the work/installation/tuning to any 1 shop in norcal? anywhere in the bay to sac to fresno/bakersfield area is fine with me.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

what heads and cams are those? and why swaping the tb for inspection?
Old 11-27-2016, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no aftermarket tb thats carb approved for cali that i know of - if it's not stock tb you'll fail visual

Quick Reply: build - heads, cam , new short block, procharger