Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More power ws6

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More power ws6

What is the next step to Get a lot more hp on my cammed ls6 ...as it is rn It it has 92mm fast throttle body 102 intake manifold prc 5.3 stage 2.5 texas speed performance heads ,long tube headers y pipe, a Magic Stick 3 camshaft,12 bolt.moser rear end and all around bmr racing suspension.i wanted to get a turbo but I was told by previous owner I can't do it cause of high pressure. That I would have to go with a super charger but what would I need to upgrade to do that ??? Or would nitrous be another route to go ??? And how many shots can I get out of a tank lol I want to get forged internals what would that do ???
Old 11-04-2019, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

You need to focus on what you actually want out of your car. Daily driver? Hobby car? Race only? Weekend warrior?
Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

With your current set up, nitrous would be the easiest way to make more power. Going forced induction (either turbo or supercharger) will require some changes such as your cam and compression ratio for starters.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

That setup is begging for a 150 shot!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Get rid of the y pipe and go to dual 3" exhaust
Go to speed density tune and remove the MAF sensor to get the best flowing intake setup you can
102 mm throttle body would be nice, the WARR brand throttle body isn't too expensive and people have had great luck with them

You'll be surprised the amount of power you pick up from the true dual 3" exhaust over the y pipe though. I'd do that first.

Then a 100 wet shot to start with

How many shots per bottle really depends on a ton of things but lets say you hold it down through 3rd gear. It's really hard to say but should get at least 20 hits or so. If you did it all the way down the track somewhere between 5-15 passes or so....? Again it's really hard to say because there's a lot of factors that come into it.

Sounds like the previous owner was saying it has high compression. Which you can turbo higher compression but you just have to be more careful. However the cam you have isn't a great boost cam you'd need to change that for the turbo or blower if you go that route

In short dual 3" exhaust and a 100-150 shot is where I would go next, the dual 3" is important, especially with the nitrous

Oh and if you don't have slicks and skinnies get a set, you'll gain quite a bit from light weight wheels and tires.
The following users liked this post:
Samuel Torres (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Get rid of the y pipe and go to dual 3" exhaust
Go to speed density tune and remove the MAF sensor to get the best flowing intake setup you can
102 mm throttle body would be nice, the WARR brand throttle body isn't too expensive and people have had great luck with them

You'll be surprised the amount of power you pick up from the true dual 3" exhaust over the y pipe though. I'd do that first.

Then a 100 wet shot to start with

How many shots per bottle really depends on a ton of things but lets say you hold it down through 3rd gear. It's really hard to say but should get at least 20 hits or so. If you did it all the way down the track somewhere between 5-15 passes or so....? Again it's really hard to say because there's a lot of factors that come into it.

Sounds like the previous owner was saying it has high compression. Which you can turbo higher compression but you just have to be more careful. However the cam you have isn't a great boost cam you'd need to change that for the turbo or blower if you go that route

In short dual 3" exhaust and a 100-150 shot is where I would go next, the dual 3" is important, especially with the nitrous

Oh and if you don't have slicks and skinnies get a set, you'll gain quite a bit from light weight wheels and tires.
It actually has a tune on it and the maf sensor is removed found that out when I tried to clean the throttle body and the maf sensor and it was deleted I'm gonna see about the dual one cause I asked a guy at a pipe shop and says that there isn't any room for it !! Cause I asked him if I could have true dual exhaust and he said it doesn't have the room ...because of the bmr suspension but I'll have to investigate!!! 102mm throttle body??? How much hp more would that give me ???
Old 11-06-2019, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Samuel Torres
It actually has a tune on it and the maf sensor is removed found that out when I tried to clean the throttle body and the maf sensor and it was deleted I'm gonna see about the dual one cause I asked a guy at a pipe shop and says that there isn't any room for it !! Cause I asked him if I could have true dual exhaust and he said it doesn't have the room ...because of the bmr suspension but I'll have to investigate!!! 102mm throttle body??? How much hp more would that give me ???

The throttle body wont give you much over the 92 but every little bit counts. But depending on how big the restriction is it could give you a good 10+ hp. The dual exhaust should give you about 20-25 ish. Check out this thread. They gained 24 going duals over a pretty good single 3" setup. If the single setup or y pipe is crap you'll gain even more by going to good duals
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...totype-538474/

For a great price dual 3" that fits check out speed engineering's dual exhaust. There are several companies that make dual 3" that will fit

Do not get it done at a muffler shop, they crush bend the pipe and it reduces the size making the large exhaust smaller

https://www.speed-engineering.com/

Quick Reply: More power ws6