Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Bent Pushrod

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 04:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP Bent Pushrod

Well, i think i am phucked..i really have never had a bent pushrod so i dont fully no the extent of what one can cause.. i recently over revved my car a couple of occasions..I know i have an auto..dont ask i searched and searched and came up with some different results..recently it started to idle really funny, like it had a cam in it and it was surging a little at idle. my oil pressure was going up and down and i couldnt tell if it was becasue of how low the car was ideling(sp?)..I mean it would go up and down(idle). well my first thought was that i had bent pushrods..i proceeded to take them out and while doing so.. i noticed a big hole in my driver side pcv hose..i must have done this on my header swap.The car has just been running for a day so i dont know if it was like that or not but i doubt it..would this effect my idle that bad? i thought that if it had a vaccum leak (hole in hose) the idle would go up??ANyway back to the pr's i pulled them all out and here is what i found..None of them were "visibly"bent,but a few rolled unevenly on the table..my questions Would this slight bend cause this much of a idle problem? i know it could be a combo of the vaccum leak and pushrods.. there was no noticable tick from the motor until i went to pull in my garage and then i heard it..damn it i have no misfire codes but i dont know how with the way it was ideling..I HOPE i can fix the hose and put in some new pr's and be good my stomache is hurting right now at the thought of a spun bearing i will replace the pr's and fix the hose and do a compression test..any help/advice would be appreciated..sorry so long
matt
Old 06-28-2004, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

you removed your rev limiter? WHY???