Notices
Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing out all of the new summit pro cams ? Any interest to see results ?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, I looked at the specs, just curious how it would do in a cam only build vs the HLHC
Old 12-27-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wider LSA will weaken the bottom end a wee bit, slight increase in duration (VERY slight...) COULD increase power a trace, But they are pretty close.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:55 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
hmm. Also has me interested. Wonder how it works on a stock head/intake ls1 vs the ws6store hotcam. It's got quite a bit more duration. I'd be curious to know the benefits if any. Works with a stock converter too.
It would do really good with stock heads/intake inland drove flawless with the stock converter!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

It would be interesting to see the hp increase form stage 1-4 of the car cams on the same engine.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:58 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
It would be interesting to see the hp increase form stage 1-4 of the car cams on the same engine.
Hopefully we can make that happen !
Old 12-31-2018, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to Hi-Jack this thread, but I will, can someone explain to me, how this cam works well with setup? Is it because of the ported heads? Seems to me, that this cam would work very well with a 6L with rectangle port heads as well.

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stampede4ever View Post
Not to Hi-Jack this thread, but I will, can someone explain to me, how this cam works well with setup? Is it because of the ported heads? Seems to me, that this cam would work very well with a 6L with rectangle port heads as well.

Thanks.
I think it would work OK, but rectangle ports usually like more exhaust duration than this cam has. Another 4 degrees and it would be about right.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

A problem with rectangle ports is backflow (reversion) through the big lazy intake port- especially under real-world part throttle and full exhaust conditions. Youíve made a good point that with -3 overlap, itís not an issue with the Pro Ls stage 1 Ghost cam. Our ls3 specific cams close the exhaust earlier to compared of the other cams on the market for the same reason. This would normally be seen as a smaller duration split except we crack the exhaust open earlier too. So wider separation, but more cam advance brings everything into line to hit the events we are targeting.

Last edited by Summitracing; 12-31-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: