Notices
Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASA Cam Questions

Old 12-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Default ASA Cam Questions

So Iíve came across a great deal on an Asa cam stock GM low lift. Iíve seen the dynoís of the flat torque curve and Iíve researched it a lot. Iím still hesitant to use it. Going in an 02 Escalade LQ9 with 243 heads and 1 7/8 long tubes to true 3Ē duals. I havenít gotten a stall yet until I plan to run it or not. Was going to use a 216/224 and tb stall but then came across the ASA. Will this can be great for 2800+ stall in this truck or even a 3500 stall or is it too much cam?
Old 12-29-2018, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think for a heavy vehicle like the Escalade, the ASA cam will be too much. It was designed for racing in much lighter cars where low end is not important. In your case you will have a very soggy bottom end. It will be no fun to drive under 2500 RPM where most street driving takes place.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Yea my biggest worry was just around town driving. I know when I get on it the stall will take care of it I just don’t want a 3k stall and it still try to push thru the brakes at stops. I know most of that is in the tune I might just switch to the hot cam/btr stage 3/ Vinci trucker.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Definitely not right at all for a heavy truck.
Stay much lower.
The tsp stage 3 high lift would be a great option and run a much better spring.
569 for cam springs and pushrods. great sound and great bump in power.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: