Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger side not firing after lq4 block swap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side not firing after lq4 block swap.

i spun a bearing in my 2000 Camaro ls1 and pulled it to swap am lq4 6.0 bottom end, and while we were at it we swapped the auto for a t56, new Texas speed 243 and a torquer v2 cam. We had a donor car so we used the 6speed cars wiring harness and computer so we didn’t have to re pin anything. The car starts and idles but the headers on the passenger side don’t heat up at all and you can tell it’s not firing. We have checked coil packs and have spark and getting fuel. We checked all grounds to ensure they were good, checked fuses, we put ls6 injectors and went back to stock ls1’s to try and solve this problem. Both PCM’s I have have been tuned, donor car ran great, and auto pcm was already tuned for the cam. oxygen sensors are on front plugs. When I put a code tester to it I don’t get any codes for a misfire only code it throws is for fan circuit malfunction and I’m lost as what to do next. Any one else have this issue? How did you solve it?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Check ALL connections and grounds. TWICE.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

If they're not getting hot, you're not firing. Did you pull a plug or two and see what they look like? Soaking wet w/ fuel or dry as a cork? How is compression on that side? Just thinking of everything, not likely compression since you said the donor car ran fine before. Have you seen the plug firing with a spark tester? Is it a weak spark or seem to be good? Did you ohm out the fuses to make sure they were good or just visually inspect them? Any pinched wires anywhere? Trace them back.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So my problem is in the wiring harness that goes over the passenger wheel well, we extended the harness and moved it under the wheel well. When we did it we did one connection, one wire at a time, the problem turned out to be the wires had changed colors. What used to be blue with white stripe looked like a green with white stripe. We had a couple that were crossed. Not all were crossed so we got 12v to injectors but the pulse rates were off, explaining our backfire issue. Thanks for the help.