Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want you to be aware of scam/fishers on the marketplace here.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I want you to be aware of scam/fishers on the marketplace here.

This random account almost had my attention by using the title of a listing in marketplace here as his message title. Being I was on my PC it was easy to see the rest of the page and saw it was a random 10 post account. Had I been on my phone I could have easily been lured( I am no where close to gullible ) and just wanted people to be aware hopefully I can catch someones attention and prevent at least 1 scam from happening. That being said always research the seller and triple check what you are doing!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Guy with a Chevy:
G Atsma (Yesterday), Tommy42088 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 272 Likes on 207 Posts

It's everywhere with everything. Facebook Marketplace is garbage atleast with that you can see the **** people.
The following users liked this post:
Guy with a Chevy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1,104 Likes on 778 Posts

It's the broken criminal justice system. 150 years ago, a horse was your car. Get caught stealing a horse, they'd hang you. Today, your car is your horse. Get caught stealing a car, you plea bargain for a year, and in 6 to 12 months you go to trial, getting sentenced to 3 to 5 years, minus the time served. Out on parole in 2-3 years so you can do it all over again. Criminal justice system is totally broken. It's also a big business, with job security for judges, lawyers, and, to a lesser degree, the police. Start hanging car thieves and scammers, watch the theft rate and scamming rates drop. Why was hanging discontinued, anyway??? The way it is now, prisons are the criminals college education. In the prison system they learn how to not get caught so easily the next time. Journeyman thieves dont get a degree. Instead, they're called career criminals, and their rap sheet is their degree. The problem is there's no real repercussions/consequences for the criminals. So there's no incentive to stop their criminal behavior. Sorry for the rant....
The following 4 users liked this post by grinder11:
Che70velle (Yesterday), G Atsma (Today), Guy with a Chevy (Yesterday), Treburkulosis (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 164 Likes on 133 Posts

Like said above it is ramped everywhere. It really started with the craigslist scams 15 years ago and its just gone on to any place that allows vehicles or parts to be sold. Its pathetic, but its just the world we live in. I wish we could bring some old school justice to these people, but society frowns upon that. Its a load of crap. Thanks for giving us a heads up on this scammer.
Guy with a Chevy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

If you get sick of the scammers I'd like to talk to you about your vehicle's extended warranty..
The following 4 users liked this post by the_merv:
DualQuadDave (Yesterday), G Atsma (Yesterday), Guy with a Chevy (Yesterday), Treburkulosis (Today)
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Man..I had sent a message @DualQuadDave about some LS3 intake valves and got a PM from a scammer on here. I ignored it and eventually purchased them from David.

Great guy to do business with and if you're needing parts he's probably got em!
The following 3 users liked this post by 01CamaroSSTx:
DualQuadDave (Yesterday), G Atsma (Today), Guy with a Chevy (Yesterday)
Old Today, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
If you get sick of the scammers I'd like to talk to you about your vehicle's extended warranty..
LMAO!! Now there's another scam, for sure. I won't rant on this one, though..
Old Today, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

It is out of control. A lot of society has no morals anymore. I think you set a good example here. That would be to respond only to the OP, and then only if the OP has a good reputation and is a long time member here. Scammers alway appeal to people looking for good deals, and then offer an even better one. Too good, actually. Used to look forward to my income tax refund. Still do, but worry about it arriving just as much as looking forward to it. Terrible situation.....
Old Today, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder11
It is out of control. A lot of society has no morals anymore. I think you set a good example here. That would be to respond only to the OP, and then only if the OP has a good reputation and is a long time member here. Scammers alway appeal to people looking for good deals, and then offer an even better one. Too good, actually. Used to look forward to my income tax refund. Still do, but worry about it arriving just as much as looking forward to it. Terrible situation.....
You're sporting a Corvette and getting an income tax refund? Whatever it is you're doing man keep doin it..
Old Today, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

The latest scam I am getting is calls and texts about a property I have never owned.
Old Today, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

We've got one in our local area, people pretending to be the County Sheriffs' calling people to pay for some kind of "violation" over the phone so they don't get a warrant.

Scammers gonna scam so if you get got, that's on you. Common sense goes a long ways.

Then again with society that doesn't exist anymore.
Old Today, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

We've got one in our local area, people pretending to be the County Sheriffs' calling people to pay for some kind of "violation" over the phone so they don't get a warrant.

Scammers gonna scam so if you get got, that's on you. Common sense goes a long ways.
Then again with society that doesn't exist anymore.
I have heard of that one as well here. The problem is the actual cops do that so you don't know its real or fake...
Old Today, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

I've paid all my law enforcement extortions in person at the Court House, never had one call me over the phone.
01CamaroSSTx (Today)
Old Today, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've paid all my law enforcement extortions in person at the Court House, never had one call me over the phone.
My wife actually had a client almost get picked up the other day because they called and she thought it was a scam. Didn't realize she had a parking violation that went to a warrant. They showed up right before my wife did and give her the option at her office to pay it right there or go to jail.
Old Today, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Well, when they show up in person atleast you know it's not a scam..
Old Today, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, when they show up in person atleast you know it's not a scam..
This is true

Quick Reply: I want you to be aware of scam/fishers on the marketplace here.