Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i'ts alive it's alive

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i'ts alive it's alive

Awesome i got my car back, and man you guys know what the problem was, the stupid grounds in the back of the heads had been pulled out of their sockets. The mechanic was telling me that when i rebuild the engine i probably riped them out by accident, but i remembered that i took the heads off before taking the engine out, so iam sure that the guy that did my electrical work when i put the engine back in fucked them up, damnit, well atleast she is running again. and man is she running, ready to kick some stang ***. f-bod
Old 10-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Launching!

At least it was just a simple mistake by your mechanic and nothing major. Now go kick some mustang ***.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zamboxl
Awesome i got my car back, and man you guys know what the problem was, the stupid grounds in the back of the heads had been pulled out of their sockets. The mechanic was telling me that when i rebuild the engine i probably riped them out by accident, but i remembered that i took the heads off before taking the engine out, so iam sure that the guy that did my electrical work when i put the engine back in fucked them up, damnit, well atleast she is running again. and man is she running, ready to kick some stang ***. f-bod
Did you just do a rebuild, or did you build a beast?

Give us some specs.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car had some stuff from the prebious owner, so i added a few goodies, rebuild the engine, (since iam sure the guy raced it a few times and iam sure push the engine a bit), and now it should be putting down about 370 but i havent dynoed since the engine been back together for like 4-5 month only. my set up right now is lt's, 224,224 cam offroad exaust, intake, lid, egr cut off and a few other things. Now all iam missing is a good tune and i should be right under 400, sweet. no major stuff just a few goodies to be able to keep up with cobras, well atleast the stock ones, lol
Old 10-09-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zamboxl
the car had some stuff from the prebious owner, so i added a few goodies, rebuild the engine, (since iam sure the guy raced it a few times and iam sure push the engine a bit), and now it should be putting down about 370 but i havent dynoed since the engine been back together for like 4-5 month only. my set up right now is lt's, 224,224 cam offroad exaust, intake, lid, egr cut off and a few other things. Now all iam missing is a good tune and i should be right under 400, sweet. no major stuff just a few goodies to be able to keep up with cobras, well atleast the stock ones, lol
How much did the rebuild run ya? What did the machine shop charge for honing the block for you?
Old 10-10-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
How much did the rebuild run ya? What did the machine shop charge for honing the block for you?
well i had to buy all a lot of tools like the torque gages, and let me tell you snap-on ming be the best but man they aint cheap, also had to buy jack for teh engine, the engine stand, and a bunch of parts. all together i'll say about 3k but thats cause i had to buy a few tools, with out the tools, probably would have been 1k-1.5k, as far as honing near the end of teh project, well actually like half way through my alternate behicle broke so i started rushing and you know nothing good comes out of rushing, like forgeting to honed the sleeves o damnit, well atleast the new rings have seetead somewheat so the oil burning ain't to bad, however i did call a local shop they told me it was like $200 to hone one sleeve but i think thats just what they charge for honing wether you do one or all.