Sponsored by:

**mrr23, bigdsz and tech related info**

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default **mrr23, bigdsz and tech related info**

Guys,

It takes quite a bit to get me upset, but between the two of you it drives me nuts. I apologize to the Pro Stock John and Tony in advance if this is not appropriate and no problem locking her down. Shouldn't get out of hand, but then again, neither should a lot of these threads. Though this is not technical in nature, it is based on how you two, and some others for that fact, handle tech issues. Plus my shop was brought up in the previous bash match.

I have no problem with someone talking about a shop and what it is doing. I personally have chewed my employees a new one when they bad mouth another shop to someone. Not my style at all. Let the cars and the customers do the talking. But this does not mean a customer can bad mouth either unless they have a personal experience, good or bad, but even then it can get out of hand.

It is when it comes to the technical side of things that, unless you know 100% of the situation, that is is best left up to the folks doing the work or the test to chime in. If they choose not to do so or do not have the time, please leave it be till they do. There may be a reason. Perhaps in this situation it would have been best to say "Vinci is doing an AFR test and here is the base numbers. If you need anymore info please call them or maybe they will get on here and elaborate." There is no need to try and be a "big dog" and when it looks like you are, then the "pimp" name is given. Once the info is out there and wrong, you, and the shop for that matter, looks bad and inadequate. Trying to back pedal, get mad and defend things makes it worse. Then my shop gets mentioned and bashed to a small degree and maybe gets a nerve a bit. Not a big deal.

If you guys want to park cars next to each other and say how great one shop is and how bad another is becasue it gets you through the day, more power to you. But get over it also.

Basically, especially in a test situation,try to leave the tech info to the folks doing the test. A lot of people and products end up looking bad even though things started out as a very viable test, no matter what shop was doing it. This is just my .02 on this and don't take this as I am trying to make anyone look bad. Just trying to get things done right. Way to many wanna bes and internet smart folks out there giving bogus info and being keyboard tough. Reading and hearing is not knowing, it is learning and the info could be wrong. Have a great day y'all and sorry to vent out on this.

Mike Norris
Old 01-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for this...I have followed some of those other threads, and it has really turned me off a few times to the whole hobby.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now now, take it easy there big fella How's the weather down there Mike? Good to see you at PRI.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Hi Mikey,

Good to see you too. Wish we had more tiome to see whats been going on. Kind of cool this morning, 65-ish. But back up to 80 or so later. Coming down soon?

Thanks to you MeentSS02.

Later,

Mike Norris
Old 01-07-2005, 10:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Heck, if I could talk my family into it, I would be down there permanently. Tampa area though...
Old 01-07-2005, 10:16 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree that all these threads should be closed as the tech content has dwindled dramatically.

Mike, I'm the one who asked for the original thread to be closed. I have had a private conversation with mrr23 about the situation. I have yet to converse with some of the other folks who probably need to be spoken to.

I agree with the points you have made however. I think someone being helpful and posting without ALL of the information they needed, followed up by immature behavior by numerous folks led us to this point.

I think a lot of folks owe you , AFR, and Roger Vinci an apology for their action "on behalf" of the shops and vendors on all sides who have been needlessly drug into this...
Old 01-07-2005, 12:58 PM
FormerVendor

Hey J-Rod,

Thanks for the support. Apologies are nice and all, but would be great to keep the BS out for sure. I wasn't drug into this much at all, just prefer to be out all together if it is going to be this way. This is also not a bitch about mrr23 or bigdsz in particular, just happened to be who pushed the buttons in this case as well as a couple others in there.

Basically, correct tech info is great and helps everyone. The reason for the sight being here. Don't like the info, go somewhere else. Don't like being bashed for bad info, do your homework next time, or let the pros handle it, or go somewhere else.

"Pimping" (for lack of a better word), bashing, wrong info, beating the crap out of folks for wrong info and so on sucks. Playground crap pretty much. In some cases it may chase away bad vendors or members, but that would be on the low side of percentages and again can be handled much more civilized.

Even this thread in a roundabout way is to be helpful. We will see. Thanks again.

Mike Norris
Old 01-07-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

mike, it was never my intention to bash you. and as far as i know, i didn't. in my posts, i've even said when i mentioned you, nothing against you. i've met you once back when you were in ocoee during a LIFB dyno day. you'll even notice in the first vinci thread i asked to have it closed two pages before it got so out of hand. i'll be the first here to apologize for it getting out of hand. not for what i said though. the info i posted, i got from roger for the most part. the only thing that was misinformation was which gear the run was in. and when you have 3 corvette test cars and not having the information right in front of you ( i asked roger about some of the info after he had left the shop), it happens. but when found out the info was wrong and what ohter people wanted to know, i asked to have the thread closed and i started another one with all the correct info in it. you can look over at corevette forum and the exact same post is there. it might be only 2 pages long right now.

i will do my part in being a little more level headed when people attack me personally on a forum.

also, after talking with J-ROD, i'll explain my position with vinci here. i do not work for vinci. yes i have two cars there i let him use for testing either his or another vendors parts on them. if i like the results and the part, i have to buy it , if i want to keep it. i do not get any parts for free. i might sometimes get a discount on the part for letting them use my cars. does it make me partial to VHP? maybe. if mike or robby (corvette masters) wanted to use my vehicles for some testing, i'd do it. but it, does make me an independant tester of the products. like the bassani dual system. again vinci was asked to find someone with a stock f-body to test it on. he asked, i accepted. i'll be keeping the exhaust. so i'll be having to pay for it just like eveyone else. yes roger also asked me to assist them with making posts here on the forums. and i do. but i also interject my own opinions in other threads as well that have nothing to do with vinci. (look in the n2o section for instance).

i ahve no ill feelings towards bigdsz or sam98ws6 either. it's their opinions and they are welcome to them. the attacks on my integrity is what i got a little miffed about. period.

but again, i'll be the first of the three to apologize for it getting out of hand. i'll tone it down on my responses as well. (hope the others will step up and do the same)

anyways, mike, hows TY doing over there?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Robert,

Thanks for the apology. It is appreciated, but not really needed by me. The forum in general maybe. I never said anyone bashed me or the shop. I just mentioned I do not appreciate being mentioned in a bashfest of a thread that is going nowhere. Doesn't do anyone any good at all.

This is why when I have info to pass along that has anything to do with my shop, I handle it personally. This way if there is an issue, I handle it. My shop, my info, my reputation. I don't have a lot of time usually, but I make time if it is important. It is bit easier now with 9 full time employees including myself. Just my way of doing things.

By the way, Ty is doing great and I keep him as busy as he can handle. Nice to have someone fall into the shop unexpected. Has a lot of cool ideas and is busy getting the import side rolling along.

Later All.

Mike Norris
Old 01-07-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

It does suck when you don't even look at what should be an informative thread due to the amount of drama in the 6 pages.
With the time it takes to weed through the BS the sponsors should be P.O.'d --- But at the same time it is valuable to learn all the facts if they are not "originally" posted (or whatever I stopped checking in on that thread)
I had to get that off.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Damn,

Alamonte Springs... Never knew thats where your shop was located at. I come down there every year for training in April/May... stay at the Alamonte Springs Hilton.

I'll have to stop in and check out the shop.

Mike
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Mirek,

I am personally not PO'd at all, just trying to get things going in the right direction. We will see. Thanks for the input.

Mike,

Come on down and we will give you the nickle tour for sure as you will be right around the corner. More than welcome.

Mike Norris
Old 01-08-2005, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

I agree! In the best interest of all concerned, future information on any testing performed by VHP pertaining to our products or other manufactures who enlist our help, will be kept in house until we have properly evaluated "all of it" and ensured it's accuracy. In the past we have updated our web charts as the testing is being done for the whole world to see. I personally think its interesting watching the charts as the tests unfold. But! Based on this last fiasco. As info passes from person to person, sometimes things can be accidently misread or misinterpreted. Also, when reading a graph or spec page, it is easy to get the info out of order. In the haste to get the scoop to the readers, mistakes can happen. We appreciate all the VHP followers out there. We even appreciate the followers of any and all other performance shops. Any information or activity that makes people think positively about our hobby, sport or profession is good for the industry. Don’t most of you have a favorite Drag Race driver or team? NASCAR driver? How about a favorite football team? Now don’t you feel better? In the future, Joe Vinci will place the information on this site. Hopefully, this will eliminate future errors, and future pissing contests from taking up the space, good information should be in. Best Regards. Roger Vinci
Old 01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe Vinci
In the future, Joe Vinci will place the information on this site. Hopefully, this will eliminate future errors, and future pissing contests from taking up the space, good information should be in. Best Regards. Roger Vinci
ok guys, this takes me out of the loop permantly on this subject. which is fine by me. further separates me from them as i do not work for them.