Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick after pushrod swap!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tick after pushrod swap!

I just swapped out my old stock pushrods in my 99 for some chroime-moly ones from thunder racing (7.400 'stock') ... I did the swap becaise last night I did the famous 1-2-1 shift... I did not get a tick but I decided to swap for saftey sake.. now with the new pushrods in I have a tick.. I cannot really tell what side it is from.. or what it is even for sure.. I know it is not a exhaust leak though.. I made 3 passes with a tq wrench at 23lb-ft and all were fine.. any help?
Old 01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my lifter's was really blead all the way out and took a while to fill back up. I had a nasty sounding tick for about 5 min at idle. I shut it down and was like F*UCK. Then I decided to try it again by driving it around in 1st around 2K to get oil preasure up and it went away. If you don't take the time to rotate the engine every 90 degrees and then torque the rockers down you will blead them all the way out and it takes time to fill it up. If you can't get it to go away, double check everything.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Richiec77
One of my lifter's was really blead all the way out and took a while to fill back up. I had a nasty sounding tick for about 5 min at idle. I shut it down and was like F*UCK. Then I decided to try it again by driving it around in 1st around 2K to get oil preasure up and it went away. If you don't take the time to rotate the engine every 90 degrees and then torque the rockers down you will blead them all the way out and it takes time to fill it up. If you can't get it to go away, double check everything.

I'll tryt o drive it a little and see if I cannotget the liftrs pumped up a bit.. it was apart fora good 5-6 hours so I guess they could of bled a bit.. thanks for the info and we'll see what happens
Old 01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

I let it run for a littel while and the ticking was gone!...

Am I going to have to look forward to it every cold start?