Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 225 72ccFlow#s vs Absolute Speed Flow#s

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flowing them with an intake will give you a better indication of actual flow but very little indication about the actual potential of the heads
Old 02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by kumar75150
Tony I wish I did all the work on my car and maybe I would spend the time doing this just for the plain reason so I would know. It would be a pretty interesting test I think.

AFR is still the way to go if you look at it this way:

if u want a very good setup, get the 225s for $2400
if u want to go ***** out, buy the AFR castings and spend the money on a top head porter

I guess what I meant to say was that an out of the box AFR might not be an improvement over a badass ported LS6 head. The way I worded things sounded like criticism but I hope you know what I mean.
I just sold my bas *** LS6 heads for some "out of the box 225's". As BADWS6 stated, things aren't always as they seem. We did our own test with two different head companys. We compared on the same bench, same operator. I had a set of "cheap" heads out flow a well known companys RACE head! It's very hard to dispute a guy who's sole business is porting and flowing heads. This isn't to **** anyone off. This is a tech site and it's purpose is to share information and LEARN! There is a great wealth of information and knowledge on this site, but you have to be willing to listen. Good luck with your new set up. Andy.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I had a set of "cheap" heads out flow a well known companys RACE head! It's very hard to dispute a guy who's sole business is porting and flowing heads. This isn't to **** anyone off. This is a tech site and it's purpose is to share information and LEARN! There is a great wealth of information and knowledge on this site, but you have to be willing to listen.
Amen brother....well stated.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Thats why I started this thread. Just to give you guys some info. I am pleased with the AFR's. I had a chance to look at them today and they are very nice.Hopefully the car will be done in the next 4 weeks.

Quick Reply: AFR 225 72ccFlow#s vs Absolute Speed Flow#s