Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just finished my patriot ls6 heads and lunati 224 cam...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just finished my patriot ls6 heads and lunati 224 cam...

i just finished last night at about 5 in the morning with my install. i did my pulleys, headers, patriot ls6 heads 59cc chambers and my lunati 224 224 .563.563 112lsa cam. it started right up and ran pretty good at first. i ran it up to temp and let it idle for about 20 minutes and shut it down. then i took it for a drive around 5pm and it was tight. im running open headers (edelbrock long tubes), and it sounds nice. there a descent amount of lope, but not too much. its so freakin loud i was afraid to drive it too much. i dont want to get a ticket. asyway, so personally, i thought the patriot heads look sweet. i didnt really get on it much, i think its way rich, but i can tell theres way more midrange now. plus the exhaust is so loud...you cant hear my gear whine anymore. i need to get my true duals put on, but i need to get some flanges first. i want to be able to take that stuff off. it seems to be running fine, the valvetrain is surprisingly quiet. cant wait till i find a mustang...
Old 04-19-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

What tune are you running on the new build up? Let it break-in then go have some fun
Old 04-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the process myself of finishing putting on my partriot stage 2 heads and new intake on today. started it yesterday, got the new oil pump on and buttoned up the bottom end. seems like we have close to the same setup..cams are slightly diffrent, mine is a 222/224 566/568 lift... and i have 1.8 roller rockers... good luck with your car, make sure you get it tuned it will sound and perform ten times better
Old 04-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Is it the 55006 cam from Lunati? If so, the exact specs are 224/224 .560/.560 112+4.

Yeah, low / midrange torque is very strong with that cam. Very driveable with just the right amount of lope. And since its an XE lobe with moderate lift, it will be easier on the valvesprings.

Congrats!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Let us know when you get some numbers.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Default Me too.

Originally Posted by bigken
in the process myself of finishing putting on my partriot stage 2 heads and new intake on today. started it yesterday, got the new oil pump on and buttoned up the bottom end. seems like we have close to the same setup..cams are slightly diffrent, mine is a 222/224 566/568 lift... and i have 1.8 roller rockers... good luck with your car, make sure you get it tuned it will sound and perform ten times better
I'm putting a very similar cam (224) in with the 1.8's and 5.3 heads with 2.02 valves. I think everything will clear. Please agree with me!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think you may be right on the lift of the cam. i bought it in 2003 and just put it on last sunday night. man, i got the true dual put on and it runs 50x better than with no exhaust, but the open headers were fun. i got on it a little bit today, it has way more midrange and it pulls hard after 4k. i love the smell of gas, its like im at the track in my driveway. it still seems to be running fine. ill post some pics of the install soon. 4 of my friends have f-bodies and we all talk **** to eachother. i am the only ls1 car, or ls6 car now, so they pretty much cant hang...especially now. yeah, so i got my exhaust done today, 180 and i bought the mufflers. just dynomax bullets. its pretty freakin llow tothe ground. id guess about 3 inches off the ground. look and sound sweet though. the edelbrock headers are nice too. i ended up painting a lot of crap under there. the intake and water pump are chevy orange, the car is sunset orange mind you, and the stb is bmr hugger orange. it looks pretty good though. i painted the valve covers, timing chain cover and fuel rails silver, and the tb, maf ends black. i tried to make it as unricer as i could, but i wanted it too look nice and not just sound nice. when i stroke it ill repaint in body color. Also, where hsould i get my dyno tune? ap engineering or wheel to wheel? im going to make a new post on this one. both are close to my house, and i dont want to do a mail order. although i am getting flashscan (i have efilive6.0), so i could mail order and trweak it. or i could just tune it entirely myself, but ive never done that, so it would prob be hard even to get it close. let me know what you guys think...