Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex Cam on a stock daily driven car

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex Cam on a stock daily driven car

Is the t-rex cam good for a daily driver. I dont drive my car far to work maybe ten miles. Also I do go on long trips sometimes and i was wondering if this would be a good cam. Thankyou
Old 05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grafking
Is the t-rex cam good for a daily driver. I dont drive my car far to work maybe ten miles. Also I do go on long trips sometimes and i was wondering if this would be a good cam. Thankyou
i drove mine back and forth to college when i was going last year for over 3 months, fighting traffic for 30 min each way. only complaint ever is that i was to lazy to put my a/c back in. i have taken it to mississippi and drove it to new orleans, both over a hour each way. i can lug it down in 6th with these gears, set the cruise and never had a problem.
however the intown manners arent for everyone, it dont drive quite like stock but whatever hassel was there was worth it for the amount of heads it turned and added fun on the street

edit: not sure what you have done but full boltons and lower gears are almost a given

Last edited by SMOKIN01TA; 05-19-2005 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by grafking
If you dont plan on doing any bolt ons then this tops the most ridiculous cam questions of 2005 list.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
If you dont plan on doing any bolt ons then this tops the most ridiculous cam questions of 2005 list.
Agreed.

The T-Rex is one of the biggest of the Big cams for stock headed cars. If youre looking for stock like driving manners, you are on the completely wrong side of the cam spectrum. With any cam upgrade, you will need supporting mods. Please do your research as there are hundreds of posts on this exact and similar questions.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM
7 Second Club

hhmmm...... one of the fastest cams on stock heads and your wondering about drivability.... ... wake up and read