Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC Update --> 1QuickT-A Cylinder Head Offer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PRC Update --> 1QuickT-A Cylinder Head Offer!!!

I talked with Matt (1QuickT-A) about his original set of PRC heads & we're going to be getting him a new set of PRC's with all the new updates & flow information just like all the current cylinder heads.

Here's the offer I've made to Matt. I told Matt we will supply him a set of AFR 205 cylinder heads(unopened) & he can pick from ANY set of PRC 2.5 heads sitting at Racetech being finished. I will provide both sets of heads & get with Gomer on getting them both installed. We can then dyno test both cylinder heads next to each other. Matt can then have his pick of which cylinder heads he would like to keep & I'll take the other set back!!

So to sum it up, I'll provide both brand heads new unopened AFR's & his choice of PRC 2.5 5.3l heads. I'll also work out the install costs with Gomer for him to swap over to the second set of heads so we can get a accurate comparison.

Here's the deal guys, I don't go behind people's back & pm back & forth in a effort to hurt other people's business. I know other cnc head companies were involved in the setting up of the original flowing of Matt's first heads. I don't want to get into that but I want those people to know that I know what's been going on.

With the new system we've put into place I believe the PRC cylinder heads are the best option for stock cid engines. I'm not trying to bash anyone's products or go behind people's back in a attempt to discredit anyone. There are alot of good cylinder heads out there, I just think we've built the best

My offer is very simple.. We compare 2 cylinder heads... I'll provide brand new sets of each head & pay the additional labor to swap over!!

It's a pretty hard deal to beat & it shows how confident I am that the PRC cylinder head will perform exactly the way we claim they will.

This is a good way to test both products without any bias towards either cylinder heads.

Providing there are no out side influences & both parties want to see a honest outcome from this test, then I think this is a pretty hard deal to beat!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com

Last edited by Jason 98 TA; 07-21-2005 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like a good comparison. I'm more interested in how the heads you are getting back flow? If they were not up to par, why where they shipped out to him in the first place?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Jason, thats why I enjoy wastng your time so much
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like gomers gonna be busy
This will be very interesting to say the least and belive that Matt will go for this. When will this possibly take place- I will be at gomers this weekend...hmmmm
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

How can we be sure the AFR and/or PRC heads won't be tampered with?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ryan we will hopefully get them back early next week. I'm going to go through them & find out exactly whats going on with them. We implemented new procedures to prevent a cylinder head from leaving without being perfect. I wish I had developed these new procedures earlier when the first few heads shipped, but I guess hine sight is 20/20

All I can tell you now is the new procedure that we've put into place will insure that every cylinder meets our strict standards! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if the cylinder heads we ship you don't flow/look as good or better than you expected then we'll take them back!!

I can't go back in time & recheck the first few sets, but I can tell you we work very hard to make sure that our cylinder head is second to none!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Good question KingCrapBox
The AFR's wont be opened & he will be able to pick from any PRC heads @ Racetech! That way neither company can modify the cylinder heads in any way! We won't know which heads he will choose & the AFR heads will be in a sealed box
Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Guys I just want everyone to know that we build a good quality product.

I think this is a good fair way
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Ah, now we are talking. This should be very interesting to say the least. Way to go Jason, this should be a great comparison!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow... 2-3 head swaps is a ton of work. Glad to see you guys trying to resolve this. I've dealt with other vendors that want nothing to do with you unless all you offer is praise for their work or product. Let the results be the decider here.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:28 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, I wish I had companies fighting to test products on my car.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Banned

I might as well bring this up because if I dont someone else will.
The cam that is used needs to be a avarage typical LS1 cam. Maybe a 224, F13, or something that is very common.
Compression will be a big factor. A unopened box of AFR's wont have the same compression as the 205's come with as a 66cc and unmilled 5.3's are 61.37 which when using a .054 gasket for both would be a difference of 1/2 point. That is really the only factor I see that is different. You could mill them down but then someone is gonna say you touched them and that is why..............
Besides that this is a great compairson.
If I was around I would be down for helping with the install.
IMO out of the box is out of the box. Its not your fault AFR made the heads a 66cc and GM made the 5.3's a 61.37.
However same compression would be a much more fair compairson.
Good luck and keep us posted.
BTW I have been waiting for a sponsor to grow some ballz and do a good compairson like this.

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 07-21-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:30 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
How can we be sure the AFR and/or PRC heads won't be tampered with?
Thats an excellent point. I believe AFR has their own logo'd tape so if that is cut then those shouldn't be used. I'd hate for someone to tamper with our PRC heads, so I think thats why Jason said any of the finished 2.5 heads could be picked at random (not our choice).

I've questioned whether certain heads could have been maliciously tampered with after leaving our hands before.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default More Internet BS....

I never discussed actual pricing with Matt....I told him with all the crap he's been thru that if he would consider running AFR's I would help him out....end of story. Matt can verify whether we discussed hard numbers which we DID NOT. I dont appreciate you exaggerating the truth and trying to make trouble. Seems quite a few things get exaggerated over at TSP....

You want a "fair" test....lets test the heads you sent Matt in the first place. After all, you basically said I lied about the flow numbers in a round about fashion anyway. Lets test a set of heads we all know is not a "ringer" set. Anyone have a problem with that?

Lets see how long this thread lasts before its locked down....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Guys I just want everyone to know that we build a good quality product.

I think this is a good fair way

AND they stand behind their product, just like all the other reputable vendors that sponsor this site (that may be part assumption on my part about the rest of the sponsors)!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Last edited by -Joseph-; 07-21-2005 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
I never discussed actual pricing with Matt....I told him with all the crap he's been thru that if he would consider running AFR's I would help him out....end of story. Matt can verify whether we discussed hard numbers which we DID NOT. I dont appreciate you exaggerating the truth and trying to make trouble. Seems quite a few things get exaggerated over at TSP....

You want a "fair" test....lets test the heads you sent Matt in the first place. After all, you basically said I lied about the flow numbers in a round about fashion anyway. Lets test a set of heads we all know is not a "ringer" set. Anyone have a problem with that?

Lets see how long this thread lasts before its locked down....

This is a good point as well.
Test the heads you sent out.
Now if you have since changed the port program, or made changes then the old heads aren't a correct compairson.
This THREAD should NOt be Locked. There could be some AWSOME info from this thread and even if things get a little out of line if is fair this test be done for the users of LS1tech.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mods, do not lock this thread, regardless of "he said, she said", many people are considering paying a lot of money for Heads. The administrators of this website are getting paid from the sponsors regardless. It's us, the guys that spend countless hours on this website that really need this information. I believe both Tony and Jason feel that their product is superior. Lets stage these heads fellows and see who gets to 1320 first.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:00 AM
12 Second Club

Jason... does that offer go for me as well?? You know what happened with my finishing. I don't need the trial thing I just want heads that are completed. Like I said before... Since dumping the LT1 and getting an LS1, if you check my history you know that everything I ever ordered for this car came from you guys and I'd like to continue doing so. That is strickly because of the customer service I've had with your guys in the past not the pricing. To me saving a few bucks doesnt replace good CS.

Couldn't have said it better myself Scoob. You thinking of getting a set?? Gonna race me huh.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Tony I'm just going off what I heard from Matt himself. I don't want you to think I'm changing the story in any way shape or form. If you didnt tell matt he could have afr heads for that price then I'm sorry I said that, I was just going off what he said.

I'm not out to attack any company here & your getting all defensive at nothing. We have made numerous changes to the cylinder head procedures after Matt's original heads were produced. Do you not want to compare to a off the shelf PRC new cylinder head?

I'm not trying to exaggerated anything, I'm just going off the information I received from Matt (1quick) himself...

I figured someone would claim we would build a ringer set so that's why he is going to be allowed to pick out ANY set of heads that are being finished at Racetech.

I will edit my post to remove the part about you getting him heads for cost, I'm just going off what I heard over the phone strait from Matt... Sorry