Save a bit of money and put it toward another mod or tuning
31.69%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

AFR vs TEA

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi: Yea it is so confussing with all the information out there. Especially now with Trick Flow, Dart and Edelbrock coming out with heads. You might want to wait a year and just run stock heads. See some more dyno results on the new heads coming out. Plus in a year prices will probably drop due to the increased competion. Also more used AFR castings will start to show up in the market so you might get a really good deal on a set. Just my thoughts. Bye
Old 04-08-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Raising from the dead
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StickSS
Hi: Yea it is so confussing with all the information out there. Especially now with Trick Flow, Dart and Edelbrock coming out with heads. You might want to wait a year and just run stock heads. See some more dyno results on the new heads coming out. Plus in a year prices will probably drop due to the increased competion. Also more used AFR castings will start to show up in the market so you might get a really good deal on a set. Just my thoughts. Bye

NOT BAD ADIVICE at all!!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thing I really want to know is which is better for under the curve power. These are the two sets of heads I have been debating on getting for almost 2 years. I'm getting close to actually purchasing, but I still don't have a clue which way to go.

AFR states they are made for under the curve power, but most of the dyno's I have seen for TEA heads give an even better "curve"...not necessarily peak power. Plus, I'm planning on running a F13 cam, and I don't want to have to flycut (though I might if AFR's are worth it)...only a couple guys have put an F13 along with 205's and no flycutting.

I'm still up for the debate, but I've been leaning toward TEA for quite a while. I could change my mind tomorrow though, who knows.

I just want to know which makes better under the curve power, that's it.