Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Total seal piston ring questions

Old 09-08-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Total seal piston ring questions

I am looking at getting a 403 LS2 and wanted some input on the use of total seal rings.

The motor will definitely have a nitrous shot and possibly a S/C used later. (100 shot N2O is in the car now). Are there any issues with forced induction and these rings or any other issues issues I will be having in my application? The motor is a Lingenfelter shortblock but I can have input on these rings if there are any dissenting opinions.

Input appreciated.

I posted this here because it seems that everyone in the LS2 section just wants to talk about rumors of the potential horsepower of the LS7 with xyz-parts attached to it or how its the best 427 in creation or how it is underrated in horsepower...or...
Old 09-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used these rings on lt1's with no problem. I also have a set on my ls1/6 engine. If you were to go with any power adders.....I would not use the gaps that you would for a N/A engine. You would have to go to a larger ring gap like any other ring. My best advise would be to talk to Total Seal to make sure this is the route you would like to go for your intended use!!!! Good Luck!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

Lingenfelter use these on their twin turbo packages too?

Search this Thread