Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what you think would cause this to happen?

Old 10-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what you think would cause this to happen?

I have the following new parts on car Patriot Performance stage II LS6 heads, LG G5X3 cam, Lunati/Morel lifters, Patriot shaft roller rockers, Comp 7.050 pushrods.

On the passanger side of engine all exhaust valves hit the pistons. They just barly hit the piston. On the drivers side they didn't hit at all which is the side I clayed didn't clay pass side since they should be the same. What would cause the exhaust valves to hit on pass side and not on drivers side? I measursed to see if same amount was taken off on both heads which they were very close to the same. Gunnar stated that the heads are set to OEM thickness. So what else could cause this to happen?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

i'd check the timing chain for proper install. maybe the cam is advanced causing a clearance problem.
matt
Old 10-21-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

How much clearance did you have on the exhaust valves when you clayed the driverside? Anything less the .070 and you are taking a risk.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

What are the specs on the cam youre running?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the timing chain was off all the exhaust or intake valves would hit, not just one side.
It is definatly the heads either one has bad or wrong valve seals so the valves sit lower, wrong valves (maybe they're longer)
But yeah its definatly a problem with that one head.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit the pistons through the clay, or hit at 7000 rpm?
I have seen them hit on some and not others from weak valve springs at 7800 rpm with solid lifters. If you are checking static and you add up the tolerance of the block, cam, lifters, rockers etc. anything can happen.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

check head gasket on p-side, do a comparison to d-side head gasket if head is off. are valve retainers seated properly,check p-side valve lift and compare it to d-side are they the same? check roller rocker ratio's on p-side, p-rod lenght, are they the right ones,how about lifters lenght wise are those too correcrt ones. least, check valve length's. I dont think patriot performance would make this error, but things do happen . these are some idea's to check, if I left anything out somebody feel free to add. hope I was helpful and keep looking. you find the problem soon enough.

fuerzaws6

Search this Thread