Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for PatrickG or JZ or other H/C guys...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Question for PatrickG or JZ or other H/C guys...

What do u H/C guru's think if this idea...I've heard the Patriout heads need a split dur. cam to aid in mid lift CFM numbers...Well I just bought a redone set from a friend,LS6 Style with NEW MANLEY valves,NEW VITON seals,NEW VALVE JOB,cleaned and springs/retainers setup for 800.00...

I couldnt pass them up...
Anyway PatrickG along with a few others have told me the Patriots need split duration cams to work better and I'm running a 214-222 559-566 115+4...

I went with this cam becuase it sounds stock and makes great power,drivability...I was just wondering if u think I should be running a different cam with these heads,and remember I am running SHORTY headers too....The cam was designed and setup to run SHORTYS,hence the 8 degree split...

I know the runner size is 228CC and they are beautiful after recieving this last bit of work...

Patrick,JZ,etc???
What do u think,should I go different on the cam?

Last edited by JS; 12-05-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting choice. I use the TSP 231/237 Cam and it seems to fair well with the PP 5.3's I am using. My heads are old CNC program, pre-logo and everything....hmm back when they had the gold springs just coming out, and the other duals were breaking. I think that cam will do pretty good with those heads, and if not, its only a couple hours to swap it out right