Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much did your car smoke with SeaFoam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much did your car smoke with SeaFoam?

Well???

My O2 sensors and spark plugs were starting to go (just changed them 1000 miles ago ) and I was due up for an oil change anyways so I decided I might as well do my first SeaFoam treatment.

I bought two bottles of SeaFoam and one of Deep Creep (same stuff but in an aerosol can). I sucked a whole bottle through the brake booster and split the other bottle between the gas tank and the crankcase. I then took off the TB and sprayed the Deep Creep into the intake manifold and a little onto the TB. I let it sit overnight and much to my amazement when I went to drive it this morning there wasn't that much smoke at all.

Most of the comments I have heard are basically along the lines of "it was smoking like the world was coming to an end", "I could barely see where my car was", and "I thought I had broke my car". My car was smoking alright, but I could still see clearly behind me when I was driving, and even when I hammered the throttle it was just puff of smoke slightly bigger then that of poorly-tuned diesel.

This is my first time using SeaFoam so I expected all hell to break loose, did I do something wrong? The only thing I can think of is that I did this by myself, and when I sucked the last little bit into the vaccum line it didn't kill the motor completely so I had to run and shut it off with the keys. By this time the motor had recovered. Did this purge all the SeaFoam from the motor?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Letting it sit over night might be the problem. I read you let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Worked for me.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

engine has to be hot, let set for about 15 min, then drive