Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texas-speed 231/237 right for me or bigger

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default texas-speed 231/237 right for me or bigger

Need some opinions on my future cam selection. To fully benefit from the cam I am changing my exhaust to pacesetter lt's and tsp ory, as well as swapping out my slp resonator for a borla bullet. I am also adding the tsp ported ls6 oil pump and a new double roller timing chain. Now all thats left is my cam selection, I was thinking about the Texas-Speed 231/237 camshaft. I really want a large camshaft but I dont know if this will fit. Will it? Could I go bigger and put in the Texas-Speed 234/239? I also plan on dual valve spring and titanium retainers as well as chromoly rods. And dont worry 4.10's will be added also, and no I dont race dig. Any other info needed should be in my sig below thanks guys.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you dont have supporting mods such as gears you will hate yourself later on down the road. The 231/237 is a nice mild-knocking on the door of the bigger cams-type. you will want to have atleast 3.73's to have some low end grunt, but other than that, sounds like you have the clutch and the bolt-ons with full exhaust for the job.

The other thing is...LS2 chain will save time and money. I have a double roller, and it was nothing but an assbeating for fittament and what not to install.

Quick Reply: texas-speed 231/237 right for me or bigger