Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New From Dart Billet LS blocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
If you dont have $5000 to throw at an engine block, then your playing in the wrong league.. I would bet to see W2W or others put together a 1500HP long block with this block for probably in the heighborhood of $30k-$40k

Im sure this block will likely be used for alot higher hp motors than that. Anyone building a 1500hp motor would likely use a warhawk or less inexpensive block for something like that. But yes, $5k for block is a lil over my leauge
Old 06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by billreid1@***.net
Al,
Since you guys are doing a 6 bolt per cylinder block "similar" to Worlds... am I to assume that you guys are building you own heads? Or will your extra 2 bolt holes line up with a World head?

We are not currently making any heads though we have machined castings in the past. On the LS blocks we made, one of the bosses lined up with the World block. That was what the customer had specified. Putting them both in the same location as the world block would only be a few mouse clicks away.

I take "yet" to mean you guys are looking into becoming sponsors? That would be cool... and see some more info from you guys publicly if that happens.

Bill
I've brought it up with the owner and it's up to him now. So far, all of LSM's business has been through word of mouth advertising, which means we're very well known in the racing community but outside of that, it seems nobody has heard of us.

Al
Old 06-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Launching!

It's got to be somewhere near $5k. The SBC Aluminum blocks they sell already are $4700+. SBF Aluminum Blocks are about a grand cheaper.

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/dartalumblocks.html

Jon
Old 06-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Collections Removal

In reference to Dart331Stroker's post describing their new billet project, we'd like to thank them for highlighting some of the difficulties of life in the casting industry. It's an area they're very qualified to discuss.

Their decision to carve billet improves many facets of casting logistics. The relative speed to market plus the flexibility to offer multiple designs with relative ease are the primary factors. As pointed out by 331, developmental and tooling costs plus multiple patterns "costing over hundreds of thousands of dollars" are the major factors in casting. He states, referring to a 90 day gestation for billet blocks, ..."in a cast block this would take over a year easily, look at the other ones trying to do it". (World certainly fits that description). Dart, with billet, has chosen to meet the needs of a select few who's program - and budget - can afford billet equipment.

As ProdriveMS, of LSM points out, referring to their billet program; "Each block is designed when it is ordered and we will work with the customer...". He further states "So far, all of LSM's business has been through word of mouth advertising, which means we're very well known in the racing community but outside of that, it seems nobody has heard of us."

Obviously, with the Warhawk project, World has chosen to focus on the needs of the larger general group of LS racers, at an affordable price. That decision hasn't been cheap or a smooth road to follow. We appreciate the recognition of these difficulties by these experts in the field.

We also appreciate the overwhelming positive response and patience exhibited by the target audience.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Teching In

The guys at LSM are great. They ground a custom billet solid roller cam for my Viper and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. They are extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. I'm sure anything they produce for the LSx community will be some of the best stuff available.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Default Sneak Peak

http://competitionplus.com/index.php...&id=6&Itemid=8
Old 09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: New From Dart Billet LS blocks