Post Pics of Ported & Polished Heads Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Post Pics of Ported & Polished Heads Please

Post Pics of Ported&Polished heads Please
Hello everyone,
I would like to get any pics you guys have of ported and polished heads, mainly of the intake ports and exhaust ports.

My father, who has built many race motors and ported and polished numerous heads, is just finishing up with mine and I want to compare.

I know, I know. Everyone says not to try and port and polish LS1 heads, because you might lose velocity and hurt your performance, but I have confidence in my father's work and wanted to have him give them a try. (Couldn't hurt, got the heads dirt cheap anyway.)

So far, we have cleaned up the combustion chambers and polished them, cleaned up the intake ports and runners getting rid of the casting flash, worked on the bowl and opened them up slightly to get as close to .89 of the intake valve size as possible. According to many, this is the optimum ratio. He has also worked on the short of the exhaust port polished them as wells. We modified the runners very slightly, so I hopefully will not lose any velocity.

I am going to get them flow benched to see how well they flow the week after they are done to see how they flow and will post the results. So far, I have only invested $400 for the heads, Comp Cams Springs and Titanium retainers.

Any Pics Much Appreciated!!!!!