LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Generation III Internal Engine (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine-5/)
-   -   F13 or MS3 with ETP 215 heads? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/547706-f13-ms3-etp-215-heads.html)

GOGO 07-25-2006 01:33 PM

F13 or MS3 with ETP 215 heads?

Alright guys. I just purchased a set of new ETP 215 with a 60cc heads at a good price. I will use a set of Cometic 0.040 head gasket. I have all the supporting bolts except a FAST 90 setup. Which I plan to install at the same time. I don't know what cam I want to run with the heads. I know I will get higher peak numbers with the MS3 and better drivability and area under the curve with the F13. I know how both the cams perform because I have run the F13 and I am currently running the MS3. This is for a 01 SS with a 4000 stall, 3:73s, true duals, blah, blah, blah. I like the way both cams perform and drive. Which would you run and why?

LS1 Sounds 07-25-2006 02:16 PM

If you already have the MS3 in there, I'd just leave it. You already have a 4k stall and gears, so having a slightly more peaky cam won't really impact you negatively. You'll still have those few extra ponies up top though.

TRMIN8R 07-25-2006 02:20 PM

Ms3...

magius231 07-25-2006 07:15 PM

you have already spent good money on your setup, do yourself a favor and get a custom cam ground for you to take max advantage of those heads. I hear Ed Curtis (EDC) is doing wonders with the ETP heads and his custom grinds

Jpr5690 07-25-2006 11:38 PM

ms3 is a great cam why change .. unless...ms4???

GOGO 07-25-2006 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by magius231
you have already spent good money on your setup, do yourself a favor and get a custom cam ground for you to take max advantage of those heads. I hear Ed Curtis (EDC) is doing wonders with the ETP heads and his custom grinds

Good point. I though about it and might do a little more research on that. I don't think I want to run a MS4 due to the high lift and LSK lobes. That cam will go through springs like no other and produce more valvetrain heat. That might be a little too much. Thanks for all the input and please keep it coming. So far I might stick with the MS3 or get a custom grind.

eamador11 07-26-2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by GOGO
Alright guys. I just purchased a set of new ETP 215 with a 60cc heads at a good price. I will use a set of Cometic 0.040 head gasket. I have all the supporting bolts except a FAST 90 setup. Which I plan to install at the same time. I don't know what cam I want to run with the heads. I know I will get higher peak numbers with the MS3 and better drivability and area under the curve with the F13. I know how both the cams perform because I have run the F13 and I am currently running the MS3. This is for a 01 SS with a 4000 stall, 3:73s, true duals, blah, blah, blah. I like the way both cams perform and drive. Which would you run and why?

why dont you pick a cam that meets the flow of the etp heads the best???

GOGO 07-26-2006 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by eamador11
why dont you pick a cam that meets the flow of the etp heads the best???

Actually I have been doing some reading on FlowTech Induction (EDC) and I am impressed with the numbers their custom cams are putting down. I going to talk to them about what I want out of a cam. I hope to lay down some sick numbers in an A4.

JakeFusion 07-26-2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by GOGO
Actually I have been doing some reading on FlowTech Induction (EDC) and I am impressed with the numbers their custom cams are putting down. I going to talk to them about what I want out of a cam. I hope to lay down some sick numbers in an A4.

Not a bad choice. Ooo blasphemy!!