Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay my car died and wont start now!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay my car died and wont start now!

Last night I was just driving down the highway, not giving it hell or anything. Then it goes thump, motor shuts off, saw some steam from under the hood, heard a dripping sound saw some oil underneath the car. So looked around and saw the dipstick tube was loose??? Put some more oil in it let it sit and turned it over it wanted to start then nothing. So I had it towed home last night, and worked today so I didnt mess with it but my dad put the key in it and turned it forward to turn off the alarm and he said it started to turn over. I thought it had locked up last night but evedently not. So I really have no idea, it sounds like its came out of time or something.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS144
Last night I was just driving down the highway, not giving it hell or anything. Then it goes thump, motor shuts off, saw some steam from under the hood, heard a dripping sound saw some oil underneath the car. So looked around and saw the dipstick tube was loose??? Put some more oil in it let it sit and turned it over it wanted to start then nothing. So I had it towed home last night, and worked today so I didnt mess with it but my dad put the key in it and turned it forward to turn off the alarm and he said it started to turn over. I thought it had locked up last night but evedently not. So I really have no idea, it sounds like its came out of time or something.

so it did start, or just crank over?