Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would cause this with my T-Rex cam shaft pics. in side

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What would cause this with my T-Rex cam shaft pics. in side

This cam is about 1.5 years old but not been drove much, just on the weekends if the weather was nice ,if that. The lifters look o.k. What do you guys think caused this. This cam was in my forged LS6 347cid. with a LS6 ported oil pump and had grate oil pressure 45psi at idle and 65psi at wot. so i don't think is was the lack of oil. and all the bearings looked good ,very little wear.And i used stock rocker arms 1.7 with hardened push rods stock lenth.and Patriat Gold valve springs and t.t. retainers. Ive heard that these cams were soft ,not hardened enough. These scares was on three different lobs.

Last edited by Randy WS6; 03-06-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

THere was a string of bad cores a while back, what happened to the lifters?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lifter HAD to have crapped on you man. Same thing happend to my LTJuan. I'll have to get some pics of it and show you. Does the lifter look kinda like that too?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No they didnt, Thats what im talking about ,they looked o.k. they did have some wear on them but nothing to indicate failer, Just like the first pic. what would cause the two groves ,if you wiped out a lifter it would have destroyed the lob and second pic looked hazed and the third pic looks like it was flaking. On the back side of each lob there were no marks at all.I have inspected every lifter and they rolled freely with no slack in them side to side ,the lifters are Federal Mogul performance lifter, the enclosed ones.