Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stealth2 great cam but what is better

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealth2 great cam but what is better

As many others on this site I have found myself in a cam delema. As you can see in my sig my set up runs really good, the stealth 2 cam is really a stealthy cam, can't tell it has a cam untill you get into it. I am happy about the set up but I found out alot about the AFR mamo cam (224-228) after I did my setup. Basically I have heard really good things about this cam esp. with my heads and I am considering swapping cams to get more power out of the engine. I want to keep it very streetable obviously, I am leaning towards the mamo cam but I don't want to be thinking again in the future that I should have done it different and gone bigger. My pistons are not flycut. I don't mind a slightly rough idle, I just want to get the most out of my set up, when I built the motor I was hoping for around 420ish at the wheels and a little more torque. Thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you will be happy with the power of the Tony Mamo cam, you may want to have it ground on LSK lobes and a 110 LSA. Patrick G is some one who has made excellent power with that tiny cam, and his heads aren't exactly optimal for such a small camshaft. I think it will be a significant enough step up in duration and overlap to keep you happy for some time.
AJ