Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Start My Head/cam build Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Start My Head/cam build Tomorrow

After 4+ years of planning and supporting mods I get to start my build tomorrow. I was planning on getting the car Dyno'd on the first and then starting, but I lost the clutch at the track last night, so that's out of the question.
The parts.
PP 243's ported, dual gold springs

Lunati Voodo Cam

Comp shaft mount 1.7 adj. rockers

Jegs harmonic balancer std, SLP double roller t chain, MSD wires( I am useing Trick flow valve cover spacers to clear the rockers. The wires are for the truck engines so they are little longer).Comp R lifters. I know they are a little tempermental, but they advertise they are designed to be stable at high r's.

I will be putting in Manely PR's once I know the lenght I will need. I plan on leaving the oil pump alone. It already puts out 60psi cruising and 70psi full throttle at 4k. I try to keep my eyes on the road when I'm on it so I didnt pay much attention after I saw 70psi at 4k. I will check PTV of course, but I think I will be ok. I am leaving the heads alone 64cc, .040 Cometic's. I will change the injectors if the duty cycle is to high after the build.
Any thoughts, advise, am I missing anything?
I did order a Spec 3+ last night. I had a Spec 3 in there for 2 years, and 20k miles. 2500 rpm launches on street tires. I just put QTP's on. After the 6th 3k launch the clutch went. But it did have 20k on it already. I don't know if that's good or bad? I've never had to replace any of my clutches for wear before, but then again I wasn't racing either. I figure I will give Spec anther shot. The 3+ looks pretty stout. I would have bought the + last time, but it wasn'r offered yet.