Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads//cam, ls7 lifters, LOUD Lifter noise please read! TSP Help please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/675343-rod-bolt-install-write-up.html (rod bolt sticky)

No pump comes with O-ring, these are a PITA and it is always good to have a few laying around. Never should it be reused and always changed.
Come to think of it I changed my o-ring when I did my cam as well because a friend (Whistler) insisted I was a retard if I didn't... I would check it out .
Old 05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I figured out what the problem was guys... Pulled the o-ring, looked great, but as I was putting the new o-ring in I realised... With the double roller timing chain you get shims... They arent very big, but you're oil pickup tube still has a bolt in the back. So, in turn, the pivot point is not perfect for the new oil pump possition, after about 30 min I FINALLY got the oring to seat right. What a PITA, get her all pinned up, the thing draws so much the car dind't want to idle, but at 60 psi cold, which is higher than normal. So I went and drove the car 50 miles, no lifter noise, no really low oil pressure, lowest it's getting now is 25 full hot, and i think it's only that low because the car wants to idle at 650-700 rpms, at 900 it's at 30-33 psi.

For the record, the o-ring can be changed by, pulling the motor mount bolts, raising the engine//tranny, lowering the pan(it wont come out =P ), and there is enough room to get my big hands in there. So yeah..

Thanks for the help guys! I'll keep you posted.

-Mark
Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

you're welcome
Old 05-30-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally no lifter noise I'm suprised that it runs as good as it does without a tune. With a tune the birds going to be insane. Thanks for the ride, lol

Quick Reply: Heads//cam, ls7 lifters, LOUD Lifter noise please read! TSP Help please?