Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pistons and Rods

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Pistons and Rods

Well recently my rings took a crap, so when i get them replaced i'm gonna go ahead and replace the pistons and rods with some upgraded forged ones. I'm kinda new to the bottom end of the engine and have been reading alot the last few days about them, but i'm still kinda unsure what to get. I'm looking at these pistons, http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=128&catid=38, will they basically fit my stock block and crank with eagle h-beams 6.125" length? Would i need to have the block honed out or can i install these without having to do that? Also, will it be necessary to have my crank polished up?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks likey they would fit the stock bore. Why are you getting a -4cc dish? Well, either way, depending on how your cylinder walls look, you may have to get them honed out to 3.905 I believe. There are pistons out there that fit this and other sizes as well (3.908, 3.903)
Old 06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grimes
Looks likey they would fit the stock bore. Why are you getting a -4cc dish? Well, either way, depending on how your cylinder walls look, you may have to get them honed out to 3.905 I believe. There are pistons out there that fit this and other sizes as well (3.908, 3.903)
You want to since you are there, just check have the tolerance checked before you order pistons. Those would work fine but you probably want something more like THIS. They only have a -2cc dish. Throw in some Eagle H-Beam or some Compstar rods, have it all internally balanced to work together, and you have a setup that can hold whatever you throw at it.